TravelTalkOnline

Cooper Island

Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Cooper Island - 12/13/2015 10:55 PM

Does anyone know if Cooper Island Beach Bar has a TV where we could watch the Ohio State/Notre Dame game on New Years Day? Or do they have a wireless connection we can have access to?
Posted By: TackingAg

Re: Cooper Island - 12/14/2015 12:07 AM

Not sure if Cooper is playing it, but you may want to check on your service provider if you're planning to watch it online. It was a couple of years ago when I was in Mexico with plans to watch the NCAA tournament online. They (CBS?) could detect I was on an international IP and everything was blocked. After running around from bar to bar without any luck having them get anything but soccer - yes soccer, not football - I finally found a little American haven with my team's game.
Posted By: sunshine44

Re: Cooper Island - 12/14/2015 12:30 AM

Cooper Island does not have a TV. They do have free wifi but it is only available by the rum bar not in the main bar and restaurant area.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Cooper Island - 12/14/2015 01:49 AM

And the Wifi connection is often slow
Posted By: ggffrr11

Re: Cooper Island - 12/14/2015 03:49 AM

Look for a big yacht with satellite tv to come anchoring or mooring overnight there at Cooper > get in your dinghy > motor over to their boat and say: "Heh, Neighbor!"
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Cooper Island - 12/14/2015 10:57 AM

After running around from bar to bar without any luck having them get anything but soccer - yes soccer, not football - I finally found a little American haven with my team's game. [/quote]
Actually we are more of a soccer family as well. Ohio State game is for my good friends who will be traveling with us. Their twin girls go to school at Ohio State.
Posted By: CDavis

Re: Cooper Island - 12/14/2015 01:19 PM

We've had a good luck with finding US sporting events at Bitter End, Scrub Island, Leverick Bay and Peter Island if you are looking for other options. We watched the Michigan State / Ohio State game in the Peter Islands rec room during our Thanksgiving trip.
Posted By: CDavis

Re: Cooper Island - 12/14/2015 01:25 PM

Also, if you are looking to get around the international restrictions then just download VPN software and your PC, Phone, or Tablet will be able to tell the service provider that you are anywhere that you would like to be in the world. I use a product called Witopia and have been able to watch sporting events all over the world since the broadcasters rely on your IP address to determine where you are at and the VPN will allow you to pick a IP address from nearly anywhere in the world. Performance can be an issue unless you are somewhere with a very strong wifi connection. We found the boat hot spot a little too slow but the internet connections at some of the resorts was fast enough to stream. We also picked up strong wifi from a house near the Baths on on a trip where we watched an NFL game.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline