TravelTalkOnline

Crewed charter question

Posted By: michellepvm

Crewed charter question - 01/01/2016 06:50 PM

My husband and I are beginning the search for a crewed charter. We are not even sure where to begin the search. We have spent lots of time in the BVIs and St. John. Usually, 2-3 times per year land based and we have stayed on Jost VanDyke and St. John. We always charter a boat and a captain for one or two days during our trip to island hop. For my 50th birthday, we would like to do a crewed charter in the BVIs. We are contemplating inviting a few family members, so this charter could be just the two of us or 6 of us. No children. I have googled some boats but am unsure how one starts this process of choosing a boat. It is kind of overwhelming. Any ideas are appreciated. By the way, we are willing to pay for a more luxurious boat. We would like air conditioning and a catamaran. This would be a summer trip. Thank you for any ideas.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Crewed charter question - 01/01/2016 08:04 PM

Yacht brokers can answer your questions and guide you through the process. I have known people to use Ed Hamilton and viyachts.com to good effect. We have friends out with a captain on one of the CYOA catamarans this week. CYOA is ten minutes from the St. Thomas airport and has very nice boats.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Crewed charter question - 01/01/2016 09:14 PM

highly recommend Blue Moon, Catatonic or CYOA, can't go wrong with any of them
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Crewed charter question - 01/01/2016 09:48 PM

Leanne Le Tendre here on Tortola is a very reputable broker who can steer you right..the names already mentioned are terrific..
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Crewed charter question - 01/02/2016 03:28 PM

Blue Moon and Captain Jim are great, but typically a captain-only charter unless things have changed.

I can certainly vouch for CYOA... great organization. At the 2015 Annapolis boat show I learned that I'm CYOA's longest running customer - 32 years this year.
Posted By: Tenthfish

Re: Crewed charter question - 01/02/2016 04:01 PM

I'd try iYachtclub.com
they are amazing!
Posted By: ilonlova

Re: Crewed charter question - 01/02/2016 11:09 PM

We have chartered on Breanker (www.breanker.com) several times. 55 foot cat with top shelf everything - the owners are a lovely couple who we've become friends with over the years. In April we have both Breanker and their other cat Qwest chartered for a tandem trip. You will not go wrong with them.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Crewed charter question - 01/03/2016 03:31 AM

http://www.bestrevenge5.com/

if available is top of the class
Posted By: Catatonic

Re: Crewed charter question - 01/04/2016 05:11 PM

Catatonic is here to serve you!

Pamela
yachtsbypamela@yahoo.com
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline