TravelTalkOnline

Air Sunshine/Delta (logistics?)

Posted By: grammybanker

Air Sunshine/Delta (logistics?) - 01/18/2016 01:38 PM

Good morning! Long time lurker of this board as you folks are so knowledgeable!

We are staying on VG for one week in Feb. Traveling home on Air Sunshine 10:30 am flight to ST Thomas. Supposed to arrive at 10:45 am. Our Delta flight doesn't go out until 3:12 pm or so. Will we be able to check our bags all the way through to our final destination or will we have to pick up at STT and recheck baggage? If we have to recheck bags at STT, how early can we check our luggage? Would like to head over to BW Emerald or Island Beachcomber as opposed to hanging around the airport for 4 hours.

Any help would be appreciated!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Air Sunshine/Delta (logistics?) - 01/18/2016 04:28 PM

Call air sunshine about checking bags through. However, I strongly doubt that possibility. I dont think that air sunshine has any code share arrangements or the computers necessary to participate.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Air Sunshine/Delta (logistics?) - 01/18/2016 04:30 PM

Warren is correct no code share - you will need to pick up your bags from AS and take them to delta check in - cheers Brian
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Air Sunshine/Delta (logistics?) - 01/18/2016 04:45 PM

Probably have to resign yourself to schlepping your luggage around. There is no actual baggage check in at STT. You get a luggage tag at checkin and carry it through C&I before giving it to be x-rayed. I do not believe there is any on airport storage spot either.
Posted By: grammybanker

Re: Air Sunshine/Delta (logistics?) - 01/18/2016 10:13 PM

Groan! Consider me resigned but at least informed!

Thanks so much for your help!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Air Sunshine/Delta (logistics?) - 01/18/2016 10:26 PM

have fun with air sunshine. Its operations are still in the prehistoric ages. Be patient. I enjoy their museum pieces.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline