TravelTalkOnline

R mosquitoes a problem close to the water at nail

Posted By: yellowcanary

R mosquitoes a problem close to the water at nail - 01/22/2016 01:18 AM

Is there mosquito control on virgin gorda
At nail bay close to water will we have problems with mosquitoes?
Posted By: beerMe

Re: R mosquitoes a problem close to the water at nail - 01/22/2016 07:23 AM

Surprised no replies yet. No idea if there is any mosquito control on VG. Confession, we're always been boat based about 12 trips. In general we've seen few mosquitos but they can be present. It depends on so many things it's hard to give an answer. The amount of recent rain (standing water), if conditions are ripe for them to hatch and the strength and direction of the winds has a lot to do with it. I'd say be prepared, especially if one of you is a mosquito magnet but in general on some visits you won't see any, other times there will probably be a few and on rare occasions it's possible they could be a problem. Sometimes on the way home I see people with several red spots on their legs/arms in the airport. I don't know if they've been bitten by mosquitos, sand fleas (no-see-ums) or something else and I don't know where they were staying or if they are the unlucky ones that bugs just like to bite. I'd say expect the best but plan for the worst.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: R mosquitoes a problem close to the water at nail - 01/23/2016 06:34 PM

At Mahoe our management company sprays often to control any mosquitos - generally there is not a problem but you might want to find out from Nail Bay management if they have been spraying in light of nasty viruses.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline