TravelTalkOnline

Offshore vs Inshore Fishing

Posted By: TrevorHuntsville

Offshore vs Inshore Fishing - 02/01/2016 04:47 PM

We will be doing a half day fishing trip with Colin at JVD Scuba. Anyone ever used them?

We have the option of doing an inshore trip or an offshore trip. Does anyone have any experience with either? Which would be the better of the 2 options?

I'm thinking since we have limited time, it might be better to do inshore but on the other hand I wouldn't think it would take long to get offshore.
Posted By: ggffrr11

Re: Offshore vs Inshore Fishing - 02/01/2016 06:05 PM

Kingfish banks are due North a few miles - probably depends on waves/swells, etc and your bunch's sea legs. All things even, I would probably go "North young man".
Posted By: Felix

Re: Offshore vs Inshore Fishing - 02/01/2016 06:09 PM

I have used JVD Scuba for private day charters and diving, but not for fishing. I would go with offshore if I were you, as you might be disappointed with the inshore option, which to me means reef/bottom fishing instead of trolling for larger gamefish. It will not take long for you to get to the offshore fishing areas.

Colin is great and will answer any questions you have, just ask!

Felix
Posted By: TrevorHuntsville

Re: Offshore vs Inshore Fishing - 02/01/2016 06:47 PM

Thanks guys.

Felix...Colin has been AWESOME answering any questions to the point where he's probably annoyed by me! I was thinking offshore too, just wanted to get thoughts. Is 4 hours enough to get on some good fish? I'd love to do the full day trip but unfortunately I'm the only "serious" one about fishing in our group of 4 & it'd be tough to justify the cost of a full day trip with the others.
Posted By: ggffrr11

Re: Offshore vs Inshore Fishing - 02/01/2016 07:30 PM

Might want to verify you don't need a fishing license with him as captain.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Offshore vs Inshore Fishing - 02/01/2016 07:33 PM

Normally the boat has a license.
G
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Offshore vs Inshore Fishing - 02/01/2016 07:59 PM

The North Drop is about 14NM from JVD so you should be able to get 3 good hours in some of the best pelagic fishing in the Caribbean.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline