TravelTalkOnline

Easiest provision delivery to Moorings?

Posted By: Kryssa

Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/10/2016 05:41 PM

We're going to try ala carte provisioning this time after winding up with 8 cans of Pringles on the last time. (If I ever see another Pringle again it will be too soon...)

Which store is the best to use? We'd be looking to submit an order ahead of time (ideally online?) and it would arrive on a Saturday. We sleep aboard Saturday for an early push-off Sunday morning.

Thanks smile
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/10/2016 06:34 PM

Riteway has the best selection. Request delivery at 5pm on Saturday. Chances are they will be running a bit late. Their on line order form works well.

http://www.rtwbvi.com/
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/10/2016 08:48 PM

You can use a store or you could just use Moorings Provisioning service.
Posted By: TackingAg

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/10/2016 09:35 PM

Yes, Riteway is the way to go for online provisions as well as walking over from Moorings to pick up the fresh or missing items. For our order a couple of weeks ago, it was the first time I used their spreadsheet upload option. You can go to their site, download the order form in MS Excel format, enter what you want (work with it offline over time) and then upload when you're ready to submit and pay. I found that if you go too long between downloading it and uploading (like month+) then it's possible that the spreadsheet items don't match up. But I found it saved me a lot of time clicking through their site. You may still do that to look at some of the pics, though. Here is the direct link to the order form with the download option at the top... Riteway Shopping List
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/10/2016 10:19 PM

Use the Moorings provisioning service. Night and day the easiest way to go. Prices comparable to Riteway and the food will be on the boat when you arrive. Any issues are also easier to resolve since you can walk to customer service.
G
Posted By: fstorms

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/10/2016 10:41 PM

Agree with George. The Sunsail/Moorings service is easy and reliable.
Posted By: Jccarr

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/10/2016 11:30 PM

First time I used moorings I checked prices against riteway and found them to be the same. We have had no issues with moorings provisioning.
Posted By: DanS

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/11/2016 01:12 AM

What's happening with Bobby's? Used to be a favorite among TTOLers.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/11/2016 01:54 AM

Always hours late was the issue I had. The Moorings by the item provisioning is somewhat new. Showing up to the boat with everything on board is much better then sitting on the dock for hours waiting for the provisions to show up.
G
Posted By: Chriskal

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/11/2016 02:04 AM

I have to agree. We used them last time and it was pretty cool to have all the food stored and beers in the fridge when we climbed aboard for our sleepaboard.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/11/2016 02:00 PM

The Moorings has a lesser selection than Riteway. We have never had any serious delivery problems with Riteway. We stopped using Bobby's because they were always late and too many substitutions.
Posted By: Sugaree

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/11/2016 02:30 PM

DanS said:
What's happening with Bobby's? Used to be a favorite among TTOLers.

We used Bobby's on our recent trip and there were zero substitutions, the produce was fresh, and it was delivered on time. There was one "out of stock" item we ordered and didn't receive. One item out of an order to last us 2.5 weeks. Pretty great, if you ask me.

I would totally use Bobby's again.
Posted By: Annoddddd

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/12/2016 03:50 AM

We used a combination of Bobbys and Harbour Market (Riteway in Sopers Hole) January 26, 2016.

Our goal was to use Bobbys to bring heavy items and non perishables. Delivery was on time and only 1 substitute for saltine crackers.

We went to Riteway to select perishables.

By using this combination we saved about $100 rather than ordering everything from Riteway.

We also skipped Tico's as Bobbys prices were comparable. We had a lot of liquor and sodas but not enough for free delivery (or Tico's was higher priced on the items).

I made a huge spreadsheet based on the Bobbys excel spreadsheet and added columns for Riteway and Tico's. It became pretty obvious the company I should buy from.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Easiest provision delivery to Moorings? - 02/12/2016 01:05 PM

We are very pleasantly surprised by the prices and quality of stuff at "Harbour Market" ( note the "U" UK spelling). They don't always have everything but they do have most of what you need and amazingly good wine prices..for daily drinking their "Barefoot Wine" prices are very hard to beat..and check their "Barefoot Bubbly". I bought it for Mimosas and found it easily good enough to sip on its own..and we spend the time we are not here in the heart of the California Wine Country!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline