TravelTalkOnline

Distant Shores II in Biras Creek

Posted By: RickG

Distant Shores II in Biras Creek - 03/26/2016 03:11 PM

I just saw a Facebook post from Paul and Sherly Shard of Distant Shores TV. They were anchored in Biras Creek overnight and a big Power Cat dragged down on them this morning. Paul called it as a scope problem. The good news is that the damage seemed limited to the power cat. The power cat had 60 feet out and Distant Shores had 230 feet out.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Distant Shores II in Biras Creek - 03/26/2016 03:41 PM

I was anchored off Prickly Pear and gusts were over 30 knots this morning. I had thought about tucking into Biras Creek and might need to revisit that thought if the power cat is still there. I had 100 feet of chain in 12 feet of water so nothing was going to move me, but the waters are quite choppy.
Posted By: hallucination

Re: Distant Shores II in Biras Creek - 03/26/2016 06:18 PM

Just dinked by them to say hi. VERY pleasant people. Last saw them in my home town.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Distant Shores II in Biras Creek - 03/27/2016 02:28 PM

We chatted with Sheryl in Annapolis in October. Paul was running around and we never caught up with him. Pleasant and polite Canadians.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: warren460

Re: Distant Shores II in Biras Creek - 03/27/2016 02:42 PM

That is our reputation.
Posted By: StormJib

Re: Distant Shores II in Biras Creek - 03/27/2016 10:01 PM

RickG said:
I just saw a Facebook post from Paul and Sherly Shard of Distant Shores TV. They were anchored in Biras Creek overnight and a big Power Cat dragged down on them this morning. Paul called it as a scope problem. The good news is that the damage seemed limited to the power cat. The power cat had 60 feet out and Distant Shores had 230 feet out.

Cheers, RickG

[Linked Image]

web page
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Distant Shores II in Biras Creek - 03/27/2016 10:43 PM

Was it a crewed power cat?
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Distant Shores II in Biras Creek - 03/28/2016 10:56 AM

Yesterday morning a pre-dawn strong gust that woke me up got a boat dragging here off Prickly Pear which took a while to sort out; I got to bring out my dive gear for the first time in days. These strong winds have luckily subsided this morning.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline