TravelTalkOnline

Packing!!

Posted By: Jul55

Packing!! - 03/26/2016 05:59 PM

Last time we flew to Tortolla, this time flying to St Thomas ferry to Tortolla. Flying American. It's not a big deal to check a bag, is it? We spend the night at Nanny Cay before sailing next day. Just don't think I can fit it all in a carry on. I'm not taking a lot, but still. With a direct flight I think we should get our bags without a problem.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Packing!! - 03/26/2016 06:17 PM

Note: One "L" in Tortola..thanks..
Posted By: StormJib

Re: Packing!! - 03/26/2016 06:35 PM

You are on vacation take your time, do not hurry, there should be no issues with checking a bag outside of costs and a few minutes. Some rules to make life better. Never put anything in a checked bag that you cannot live without or if it is lost. Restated never put anything you would worry about in a checked bag. Two, carry with you a bathing suit and anything you must have. Credit card, cash, toothbrush, and a bathing suit that fits is all you really need anyway. Let the porters shlep the stuff you might want but do not need. We always check and we always carry a day's worth of clothes in the odd event the bags get delayed and catch up with us later. If you sweat any of this, you are doing it wrong. Any good airport process 100,000 checked bags a day. Some will get lost, some will simply disappear. Leave anything you care about at home so you and your mates do not have to worry about it.

Re: Packing!! - 03/26/2016 07:23 PM

Excellent advice. Island time, no worries!
Posted By: CDavis

Re: Packing!! - 03/26/2016 07:30 PM

Make sure you take the same advice with ferries. They managed to lose my wife's bag on one of our trips. Hard to imagine that the bag could vanish in the 200 feet from the check in desk to the ferry.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Packing!! - 03/26/2016 08:32 PM

We always watch for bags to be loaded. We don't want any surprises when we arrive.

Re: Packing!! - 03/26/2016 09:14 PM

Good idea!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline