TravelTalkOnline

Charlotte Amalie to Roadtown "Plan B or C"??

Posted By: BoatDrinks2

Charlotte Amalie to Roadtown "Plan B or C"?? - 04/05/2016 04:42 PM

Thanks for all the great information here! Need some advice:
We (6) are headed down at the end of April. Arrival on Friday 4/29 3:30pm to STT. We are planning to take the 4:15 ferry from CA to RT, and were are checking some bags.
Questions: 1. do we have enough time to make the 4:15pm Charlotte Amalie ferry - if air arrival is on time?
2. If we are late arrival and miss the 4:15, what are suggested plans b and c?
Posted By: macpete

Re: Charlotte Amalie to Roadtown "Plan B or C"?? - 04/05/2016 04:49 PM

Plan B, Smiths runs at 1630 from Charlotte Amalie
Plan C cab to Red Hook try and make the 1700.
As long as you're on time into STT, you should make the 1615, a short ride airport to the ferry terminal.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Charlotte Amalie to Roadtown "Plan B or C"?? - 04/05/2016 04:54 PM

Above all, call Kevin - he will pick you up and will know which ferries are running and whether you can make it. (340) 643-0025 - I believe that's the number - someone will correct me here if not....
Posted By: WayneC

Re: Charlotte Amalie to Roadtown "Plan B or C"?? - 04/05/2016 06:59 PM

What should the cab ride to the ferry cost for 4 passengers
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Charlotte Amalie to Roadtown "Plan B or C"?? - 04/05/2016 07:33 PM

$10 per son..plus ( sometimes) charge for bags..if its Kevin tip him nicely..he's worth it!
Posted By: macpete

Re: Charlotte Amalie to Roadtown "Plan B or C"?? - 04/05/2016 08:32 PM

Having a local contact is a really REALLY good idea. We arrived at STT, jumped in a cab and as we pulled into the ferry terminal, one of the employees was sat outside and just shook her head. "Last ferry cancelled" for no apparent reason. With local knowledge, we were able to carry on to Red Hook where the driver had called ahead to hold the last trip for his bus full of passengers.
Posted By: TackingAg

Re: Charlotte Amalie to Roadtown "Plan B or C"?? - 04/05/2016 08:55 PM

I agree with all of the above. Particularly Kevin. In January, we were scheduled to get in earlier (~1:30, I think). But we were then delayed a couple of hours getting out of MIA. Then we had to wait a looong time for bags to come out. So we would have been hosed a bit if the same events would have transpired with a scheduled 3:30 arrival. So I may recommend having a plan E in the back pocket, and that's a private water taxi. Per Kevin's recommendation, I also had this contact info ready to go (no guaranty that the rates are current or that he would be available at the last minute). Others will give similar recommendations, I'm sure. I would only recommend keeping it handy in case you have connection/arrival problems and need to start working on other options from the airport bar.

Raymond; VI Water Taxi
(340) 690-1251
$350 to west end. (9pm close)
$425 to RT (7pm close)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline