TravelTalkOnline

The Catermeran Company.

Posted By: Clod

The Catermeran Company. - 04/08/2016 02:41 AM

My wife and I are looking at this charter company for our next trip. I've not herd about them. Any thoughts on this company? I've emailed and talked to them. So far they have been very responsive. Thoughts? Thanks. Clod.
Posted By: TackingAg

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/08/2016 01:52 PM

We just chartered through CatCo this past January on 2016 Lagoon 450 “Cattitude”. Overall, it was a very good experience! A quick summary….

Positives
Very responsive reservations folks (Kelly and Porshe). Boat was in great shape. Pretty good rate. Fast check-in and check-out procedures. Caribbean Divers shop right there at Hodges Creek if you need any other dive or snorkel gear. Good selection of L450's, which is my favorite boat.

“Negatives” (if there is such a thing when chartering in the BVIs)
Much longer taxi ride from the ferry and/or Riteway Pasea. On the other hand, much closer to EIS if you’re flying in directly. The pool wasn’t much to talk about. Extra cost for snorkel gear. Fuel dock can get busy on return.

In short, I would charter from them for the boat, not the base. But that’s all good for me since I don’t want to be at the base all that much! PM me if you have any more direct questions. Happy to help.

Here is the video of our last trip to give you some sense of the boat and the exit from Hodges Creek.

BVI2016 Video
Posted By: letsgosailing

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/08/2016 04:26 PM

Where is their base?
Thx.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/08/2016 05:27 PM

Do you know if there is anywhere close to the marina to purchase fishing bait?

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/08/2016 06:27 PM

CatCo is based in Hodges Creek near EIS. For fishing tackle, it may be best to contact Sail Caribbean Divers (not "Caribbean Divers" as I posted above) to see what they offer right there. I know they rent out fishing equipment, but I don't recall seeing a lot of tackle options in the shop itself.

Sail Caribbean Divers Website
Posted By: WayneC

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/08/2016 06:34 PM

Orange_Burst said:
Do you know if there is anywhere close to the marina to purchase fishing bait?

As far as bait what type of fishing are you going to do? In the past I have picked up a few pounds of squid at the market. Bottom fishing it works great the fish love it. If you need any equipment or lures Richardson's Rigging in Roadtown across from C&I have a pretty good selection.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/08/2016 06:42 PM

They should have all the tackle they need, poles and lines. In the past they have picked up some ballyhoo in Sopers Hole and in CGB. Was hoping there was something on that side of the island that sold them.
Posted By: BarbandRon

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/09/2016 02:39 PM

Orange_Burst said:
They should have all the tackle they need, poles and lines. In the past they have picked up some ballyhoo in Sopers Hole and in CGB. Was hoping there was something on that side of the island that sold them.

You may want to try the chandlery by the small Rite Way in East End. You can get there by taxi or dinghy. It's about a 10 minute ride, you have to walk the dinghy over the reef been Buck Island and Tortola.
Posted By: HoosierDaddy

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/10/2016 12:30 PM

letsgosailing said:
Where is their base?
Thx.

Hodges Creek Marina. I think this is also known as Maya Cove. Sunsail was based there a few years between their Soper's Hole and present location.

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/10/2016 01:51 PM

Yup it is also Maya Cove.
Posted By: Appleton

Re: The Catermeran Company. - 04/12/2016 02:59 PM

Used them in the past, never at the current location. Always was a good experience.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline