TravelTalkOnline

Hendo's Hideout

Posted By: michellepvm

Hendo's Hideout - 04/11/2016 11:07 AM

Just returned from nine days on St. John, but we spent a day in the BVIs on a boat. Wanted to post about Hendo's Hideout on JVD which is such a nice place. We have been going to Jost for only about 11 years and have stayed at White Bay Villas several times and also Sandcastle; however, Soggy has lost its charm for us the last several trips. It was WONDERFUL to spend time at Hendo's after a ridiculous morning at Soggy Dollar. We arrived around 9:15 to the beach in front of Soggy filled with cruise ship people. I sat in second hand smoke until I couldn't stand it any longer. Some lady came over and poured her drink in my husband's pain killer. SERIOUSLY. We have no idea who she was. She just stopped and poured what was left of her drink in his. I had to go in the water for fear of doing something I would regret. I know . . . we could have moved down the beach but we didn't want to pay 10.00 per chair if we were heading over to Hendo's when it opened. Last time we were on JVD which was before Hendo's opened, we did go over and rent chairs down the beach. Hendo's opened at around 10:30 and we practically ran over there to get away from Soggy. It was so relaxing and fun. The menu is delicious and the drinks superb. The bar is beautiful. Very nice change and, in our opinion, needed on JVD to keep us heading over. We met "Hendo" the ownder's son and he was so gracious and wanted to make sure everything was okay. Make it a stop if you can on your next trip.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Hendo's Hideout - 04/11/2016 02:24 PM

We were thinking of giving White Bay a "pass" on our upcoming sail but might have to check out the new digs.

Soggy Dollar will never be the same now that Mic is gone.
Posted By: michellepvm

Re: Hendo's Hideout - 04/11/2016 03:58 PM

Also, they are getting lounge chairs for the beach which weren't in yet. We were really impressed. The bar was so beautiful. The owners did a nice job. And, everyone was so pleasant.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Hendo's Hideout - 04/12/2016 01:35 PM

We visited last week. Started at One Love, then to Soggy for just one painkiller, then to Hendo's for drinks and food. Beautiful place they've built - cute little gift shop (still regretting not buying the tshirt that said "you had me at beach") and good service. Wings, hummus platter and quesadilla were all good. Oh and their "white bay wasted punch" - super yum.
Posted By: BayCruiser

Re: Hendo's Hideout - 04/12/2016 05:28 PM

Where on White Bay is Hendo's? The same section as the others, or past the rocks on the eastern section?
Posted By: LivinLarge

Re: Hendo's Hideout - 04/12/2016 05:33 PM

It is right beside Soggy Dollar
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline