TravelTalkOnline

San Juan or STT to Anegada

Posted By: txjustin

San Juan or STT to Anegada - 05/04/2016 05:45 PM

Alright, I've searched and cannot find the info I'm looking for. We are planning on a November Anegada and St John trip. We can fly into SJU or STT, doesn't matter.

How in the heck do I, affordably, get to Anegada from either? I've seen charter flights, but they're for the entire plane and there's only 2 of us.

We are coming in on either Thursday night or Friday sometime. That depends on how to get to Anegada.

Also, how to get to St. John from Anegada as well...

Please help, I'm a bit stumped.
Posted By: Riverfrontbrewer

Re: San Juan or STT to Anegada - 05/04/2016 06:03 PM

Any way you can fly into EIS? If I remember correctly we paid $300 for a couple through VI Airlink from EIS to Anegada and we had the plane to ourself!

Re: San Juan or STT to Anegada - 05/04/2016 06:13 PM

Riverfrontbrewer said:
Any way you can fly into EIS? If I remember correctly we paid $300 for a couple through VI Airlink from EIS to Anegada and we had the plane to ourself!

I don't see why not, just depends on schedule.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: San Juan or STT to Anegada - 05/04/2016 06:32 PM

The best/cheapest way to fly to Anegada from STT or SJU is with Ace Flight Center. It's still not cheap but from STT, they charge $500(cash) each way. You have the entire plane, and they leave whenever you are ready.

From SJU, the best option I've found is Air America but it's over $1200, I think.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: San Juan or STT to Anegada - 05/04/2016 09:33 PM

I'm not familiar with flight options to Anegada.

You can get from Anegada to St John fairly conveniently and inexpensively via ferry & taxi on M,W,F,Su. Ferry departs 0830 from Anegada to Roadtown. Figure you are there latest by 1000, then taxi to West End. Have waterfront lunch at the Fish n' Lime Restaurant then stroll over for the 1215 Inter-Island Ferry to Cruz Bay. Should be thru customs & immigration by 1300. Total ticket & taxi cost about $100 pp + $20 departure tax per person. Walk over to The Landings for a well-deserved Bushwacker.

Re: San Juan or STT to Anegada - 05/04/2016 11:32 PM

JasonHelmbrecht said:
The best/cheapest way to fly to Anegada from STT or SJU is with Ace Flight Center. It's still not cheap but from STT, they charge $500(cash) each way. You have the entire plane, and they leave whenever you are ready.

From SJU, the best option I've found is Air America but it's over $1200, I think.

Jason, is that $500/person or total (it'll be my wife and I)?
Posted By: sccpm

Re: San Juan or STT to Anegada - 05/05/2016 11:15 AM

We flew from Philadelphia to St. Thomas, then used Ace Charters to fly over to Anegada. I don't remember the price but it was an awesome flight - simply gorgeous ride over to the island.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: San Juan or STT to Anegada - 05/05/2016 02:21 PM

txjustin said:
Jason, is that $500/person or total (it'll be my wife and I)?

It's $500 total. You get the whole plane. Sometimes I've been lucky and been able to have a 2nd couple so the cost comes down to only $125 per person.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline