TravelTalkOnline

Anegada w/ 6'9" draft

Posted By: SeanS

Anegada w/ 6'9" draft - 05/19/2016 04:47 AM

I can't miss a stop in Anegada on any trip to the BVI. For our upcoming charter, we have a boat that draws 6'9". I think years ago I made it into the main anchorage ok with similar draft boats, but it sounds like things have silted up a bit and it might be best to avoid the main mooring field with that draft? Better to pretty much head east of the inner green and drop the hook out there? Is Pomato Point a better option? Thanks.

Sean
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Anegada w/ 6'9" draft - 05/19/2016 09:59 AM

My old boat had a 7'1" draft and I did go into the anchorage, turning out rather than into the mooring field at the inside and I'd have 1-2 feet under the keel. There were several spots coming in where I thought I'd touch or drag a furrow behind me.
Now, with 8 1/2 feet draft I will anchor off Pomato Point but that is relatively exposed so it is only a good place in settled conditions.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Anegada w/ 6'9" draft - 05/19/2016 10:04 AM

We do as Zanshin for our 6'5" draft. The mooring field is getting shallower. We anchor in 12' to the east of the last red channel marker, between the channel and Setting Point. There is room for a half dozen boats and we usually have some good looking company.

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline