TravelTalkOnline

Passport and the BVI

Posted By: Calvin

Passport and the BVI - 05/31/2016 02:11 PM

Hello Everyone, I seldom post here but read often. For next May I have chartered a Moorings 474pc. Imagine that! This will be my first power boat charter in 39 years. I'm 70 and I would rather not handle sails. My question; going to the BVI in May 2017 with my Passport expiring in August 2017, do I need to renew it under the 6 month rule? Thanks in advance for any information you might provide.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Passport and the BVI - 05/31/2016 02:18 PM

There was a long thread on this. The answer is no - the passport needs to be valid for the dates of travel, not six months beyond.

Re: Passport and the BVI - 05/31/2016 02:28 PM

Thanks MrEZgoin, I didn't find a previous thread on it. On the US Passport site the BVI wasn't mentioned. 12 or so years ago the US Customs agent mentioned to me in San Juan, returning from the BVI, that I was very close but he didn't (wouldn't) elaborate.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Passport and the BVI - 05/31/2016 04:10 PM

If you plan on traveling out of the country after BVI, I would be safe and get it renewed

Re: Passport and the BVI - 05/31/2016 05:34 PM

sail2wind, that is now my plan. It is good to know I won't have to worry about it. Initially, I was quite concerned when I found out about it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline