TravelTalkOnline

Cooper Island Beach Club

Posted By: GeorgeC1

Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/14/2016 11:47 PM

I just wanted to mention that unlike some places that now charge for drinks like a five star London club Cooper island is still very reasonable. Happy hour is a bargin!
G
Posted By: d_fish

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/15/2016 12:02 AM

Great to hear George! Thank you for sharing the tip. Countdown until our arrival on June 26!!
Posted By: TRVLMOMHHI

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/15/2016 12:05 AM

This is great news! We will be spending three nights there before starting our charter. I was sold as soon as I read about their brewery and rum bar. This is just icing on the cake smile 7 more sleeps!!
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/15/2016 02:28 AM

I just had a couple of their beers yesterday. We pulled in around 10:30. Place was full by 1:30. Last March we tried pulling in for lunch (no mooring balls) and again around 2 and the place was still full. I do love the place and can tell so do lots of people
Posted By: NickR

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/15/2016 12:59 PM

Got to say Monz and I actually got away last Sunday and had lunch at Cooper, what an amazing day we had. The food was very good the company was tantalizing, just dare you guys to have the beer battered fish and chips...delish
Posted By: Riverfrontbrewer

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/15/2016 01:17 PM

jagmansr said:
I just had a couple of their beers yesterday. We pulled in around 10:30. Place was full by 1:30. Last March we tried pulling in for lunch (no mooring balls) and again around 2 and the place was still full. I do love the place and can tell so do lots of people

How were the beers? Styles?
Posted By: FLMarine

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/15/2016 02:40 PM

We plan to have happy hour and dinner there Saturday night. Can't wait.
Posted By: SailorFitz

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/16/2016 04:17 PM

From their site:
On 20th March 2016 we launched our first three draft beers – a lager, amber ale and best bitter.
Posted By: TackingAg

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/16/2016 04:51 PM

Did Nick just dare me to have a beer and fish & chips? Go ahead, Nick. Double-dog dare me! smile
Posted By: GW248

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/16/2016 07:52 PM

What is the likelihood of getting a ball between 3 and 4 this Saturday?
Posted By: camsbored

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/16/2016 10:51 PM

Although the place fills up by 1pm on most days, there are a fair amount of boats that leave throughout the afternoon so it's definitely possible to get a ball after 1pm if you're willing to wait around for awhile.
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/16/2016 11:12 PM

This time of year probably pretty good.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/17/2016 12:51 AM

camsbored said:
Although the place fills up by 1pm on most days, there are a fair amount of boats that leave throughout the afternoon so it's definitely possible to get a ball after 1pm if you're willing to wait around for awhile.

This past Monday, we left at 2:00. The reason we left was because we were heading back to Sea Cow Bay ending our time in theBVI. As we left, (our mooring ball the only empty one) was suddenly being fought over by 3 boats. I felt like auctioning it off,lol. I wouldn't even think you could get a ball after 2 pm
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/17/2016 10:40 AM

Keep in mind that this is the second busiest time of the year. Families come down as soon as their kids are out of school trying not to get to deep into hurricane season. Tons of boats everywhere. I have often pulled into Cooper at sunset and had my choice of balls at other times.
G
Posted By: mtbradley

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/17/2016 07:24 PM

We overnighted at Cooper last Wednesday (about 10 days ago). We arrived at 5:30pm or so and there were several balls available.

BTW, dinner there was a hit with the crew. Excellent food. We've been dining there since 2007 and it has definitely improved over the past 3 or 4 years.
Posted By: MarkS

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/17/2016 11:34 PM

GeorgeC1 said:
Keep in mind that this is the second busiest time of the year. Families come down as soon as their kids are out of school trying not to get to deep into hurricane season. Tons of boats everywhere. I have often pulled into Cooper at sunset and had my choice of balls at other times.
G

Am I correct in assuming that the week of 7/24-7/31 will be off season and therefore we can expect it to be relatively uncrowded?
Posted By: GW248

Re: Cooper Island Beach Club - 06/18/2016 06:49 PM

What time is their happy hour?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline