TravelTalkOnline

Grateful Dead - sailing catamaran - Virgin Gorda

Posted By: Murdock

Grateful Dead - sailing catamaran - Virgin Gorda - 07/22/2016 04:07 PM

Good morning & happy Friday!

I believe there is a private sailing catamaran (available for charter) that lives (maybe) in the North Sound area of VG...owned by a couple who are huge Grateful Dead fans.

It is my understanding the vessel is 40'+, owners model.

I met a couple chartering the boat at Fat Virgin's Cafe four weeks or so ago...and they really liked the vessel.

I am trying to locate ANY contact information for someone who might know of this sailing cat, so that I might contact them directly to obtain chartering pricing/availability. Email, telephone, boat name, website, etc....

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Posted By: jostpirate

Re: Grateful Dead - sailing catamaran - Virgin Gorda - 07/22/2016 04:53 PM

I believe is "Eyes of the World" a 41 foot lagoon managed by BareCat Charters. We chartered it several times - great cat!

Re: Grateful Dead - sailing catamaran - Virgin Gorda - 07/22/2016 05:35 PM

That's it. Thanks very much for the reply!
Posted By: fishhead

Re: Grateful Dead - sailing catamaran - Virgin Gorda - 07/27/2016 01:51 PM

Hi Murdock,
I believe that you met my wife and I - Rob and Lee at Fat Virgins. Correct - "Eyes of the World" with Barecat charters.
We have chartered her about 10 times or so - great boat, great small company. All the best,
Rob

Re: Grateful Dead - sailing catamaran - Virgin Gorda - 07/27/2016 02:05 PM

Fishhead....I believe it was you and your wife I met...

Please check your PM when/if you get a chance, one follow up question....
Posted By: islanddoc

Re: Grateful Dead - sailing catamaran - Virgin Gorda - 07/27/2016 06:51 PM

"Wake up to find out that you are the Eyes of the World...." Barecat Charters in Manuel Reef! Nelson Ray Booth is the owner and manager of the company +1 817-675-4397
Posted By: BareCatPrime

Re: Grateful Dead - sailing catamaran - Virgin Gorda - 01/16/2017 08:42 PM

Hi, yes "Eyes of the World" is indeed a charter boat in the Barecat fleet. Barecat.com or 1-284-495-2202. She's got a brand new owner and will be seeing some upgrades soon.
-Nelson Boothe, Owner, Barecat
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline