TravelTalkOnline

Yet another ferry question.. 3:15 STT arrival

Posted By: bagsarepacked

Yet another ferry question.. 3:15 STT arrival - 09/17/2016 04:17 PM

IF we arrive in STT at 3:15 on a Friday with carry on bags only should we be able to make it to the ferry to RT in time? I recall reading that people have pre arranged a taxi....anyone have recommendations? Thanks
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Yet another ferry question.. 3:15 STT arrival - 09/17/2016 04:36 PM

Kevin Campbell. Text him about a week ahead with your info.
340-643-0025
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Yet another ferry question.. 3:15 STT arrival - 09/17/2016 04:46 PM

You will have no problem catching the 4:15 Road Town Fast Ferry using the regular taxis. Worst case even with checked bags you can expect no more than 30-35 from STT to the ferry terminal. With carry on only maybe 15 minutes.
Posted By: beerMe

Re: Yet another ferry question.. 3:15 STT arrival - 09/18/2016 05:22 AM

That has worked for us in the past but we did worry a little about the flight being late, being at the back of the plane, waiting for the van to be filled (and we always have checked baggage). The really close ones we've had were always on the return (ferry canceled or late/long customs line at the ferry dock in CA/waiting for the an to be filled.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Yet another ferry question.. 3:15 STT arrival - 09/18/2016 12:49 PM

At STT they unload the plane from the back also.
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Yet another ferry question.. 3:15 STT arrival - 09/18/2016 01:18 PM

Thanks everyone. Tpcook.....I did not realize ..or remember that from our one prior trip flying in there. We usually get "stuck" in the back of the plane....this trip I'll try to look at first off. Is that all airlines? We are flying American.
Sure wish flying into Eis was more reasonable.
BeerMe.....thankfully we end our Charter on Sat and fly home Sunday after 3 and will either stay on STT or maybe St John if we do charter out of Tortola.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline