TravelTalkOnline

STT AA Check-in times

Posted By: TomGarvey

STT AA Check-in times - 10/22/2016 03:04 PM

I'll be leaving on American out of STT the day after the Cat Fight and am wondering about how early we need to check in. The AA website seems contradictory:

The minimum times for check-in and baggage check have changed for St. Thomas (STT):
"For check-in: 180 minutes (3 hours) prior to departure
For boarding passes or to check bags: 90 minutes prior to departure"

Anyone have any recent experience about what they actually require?
Thanks!
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: STT AA Check-in times - 10/22/2016 04:08 PM

as a frequent AA local traveler here in STT - 3 hours is almost mandatory on any afternoon flight. The very early morning flights are a little easier because the airport doesn't really open before 6 am but the 90 min. checkin time is non negotiable.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: STT AA Check-in times - 10/23/2016 01:25 PM

If you check in on line you need to be at the airport a minimum of 90 minutes before your flight. If you plan to check in at the airport you must be there 3 hours before.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: STT AA Check-in times - 10/23/2016 08:35 PM

I have never been to the airport more than 2 hours in advance, even in Europe, never was even close to missing a flight.
Posted By: RickG

Re: STT AA Check-in times - 10/23/2016 08:47 PM

Last I heard, AA is still refusing to check in people after the 90 minute mark. We do carryon only and print our boarding passes out ahead of time. But, if I going to wait in line at the airport to check a bag or print boarding passes I would not take a chance.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: STT AA Check-in times - 10/23/2016 09:16 PM

RickG said:
Last I heard, AA is still refusing to check in people after the 90 minute mark. We do carryon only and print our boarding passes out ahead of time. But, if I going to wait in line at the airport to check a bag or print boarding passes I would not take a chance.

Cheers, RickG

According to the AA rules you are fine to check in online and arrive 90
minutes before your flight. This does not mean will not miss your flight if the lines are excessive. It only means that AA will not lock you out when you get to the kiosk. Check in online and show up two hours before your flight. Then you can spend an hour or more trying to find a place to sit once you get through.
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: STT AA Check-in times - 10/23/2016 11:46 PM

We go a minimum of 2 hours before for STT regardless of airline. Just eat before you go - the food there is terrible!
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: STT AA Check-in times - 10/25/2016 01:28 AM

Since you have to clear Customs and Immigration, Agriculture check and TSA ---- on any busy afternoon the lines there can be very time consuming - if you are checking any bags the lines for the 'working' kiosks can also be long before you even get to C&I - they have made a 3 hour arrival rule in STT for good reason - they want to leave on time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline