TravelTalkOnline

Time to airport

Posted By: TimW

Time to airport - 12/19/2016 12:39 AM

What do you believe to be the time needed to get from Roadtown to the airport at St. Thomas? Ferry, customs ect.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Time to airport - 12/19/2016 01:31 AM

Depending on your airline, you need to be AT the airport 2 hours before flight. With American, they say 3 hours, with them, no checked in baggage makes it no sooner than 90 minutes prior to departure
Posted By: beerMe

Re: Time to airport - 12/19/2016 07:39 AM

I'm sure you'll get several answers but for us it's been anywhere from 1 and 1/2 hours on a good day to finding out the ferry was canceled, taxi to WE, wait, check in at Cruz Bay, ferry to Redhook, taxi to STT. So anywhere from 1.5 hours to 3-4 hours plus the time you need to arrive at the airport. We love taking a last swim and a leisurely departure but we've had some very close calls getting from RT to the airport - s**t happens! We've always "made it" so far but the worry about a close call can surely zap most of your "island time" mood. I think everyone needs to decide how much cushion they are comfortable with.
Posted By: TimW

Re: Time to airport - 12/20/2016 03:39 AM

Thanks I'm just going to fly into Beef. No worries.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Time to airport - 12/21/2016 12:43 AM

I would not do the Cruz Bay/Red Hook route. If the direct ferry from Road Town to Charlotte is available, it's much quicker
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline