TravelTalkOnline

Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola?

Posted By: Rhumbline

Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola? - 12/31/2016 03:34 PM

Our kids are interested in the canopy tour (zip line) on Tortola. Has anyone done it? How is it?
Thanks!
Posted By: RonP

Re: Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola? - 12/31/2016 09:05 PM

We did it in early 2015. It was a great experience. The employees all could not have been nicer. They all appeared to be very safety focused as well.

It's a series of shorter zip lines that you transition from one to the other, most of them through the trees. The last two segments head toward the Drake and you have a great view of Roadtown and the harbor.

They also have a nice building with comfortable seating and a deck overlooking the harbor, for anyone who doesn't want to zipline.
Posted By: MarkS

Re: Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola? - 12/31/2016 09:27 PM

Is this something a 6 year old can do?
Posted By: RonP

Re: Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola? - 12/31/2016 10:51 PM

Not sure of the age cutoff. There was a smaller child there when we did it.

You'd have to call for reservations anyway, so I'm sure they'd tell you. If I remember right, the number connected me to the owner or manager's cell phone, as they were not open at the time I called and he was just out somewhere and took the call.
Posted By: Rhumbline

Re: Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola? - 01/02/2017 02:51 AM

Thank you for all the great information!

Cheers.
Posted By: justaroofer

Re: Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola? - 01/16/2017 01:46 PM

Website for this specific ZipLine?
Posted By: aarpskier

Re: Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola? - 01/16/2017 02:02 PM

justaroofer said:
Website for this specific ZipLine?

I don't think they have a website. Here is a link to their Facebook page. Also check tripadvisor.com

Original Virgin Gorda Canopy Tour
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Anyone experience the Canopy Tour on Tortola? - 01/16/2017 02:04 PM

With zip lining, it's matter of weight more than age. The smaller and lighter you are, the slower you go. The guides need to make sure you have enough weight to carry you down the line. We've ziplined here in N. Michigan quite a few times - there's actually a scale in their ticket office that you have to step on (being too heavy is a problem too!)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline