TravelTalkOnline

Airbnb rental in CGB?

Posted By: CottageGirl

Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/11/2017 02:29 PM

We're planning an April charter and thinking about coming in a few days pre-charter. Looking at this Airbnb in Cane Garden Bay as an option for a few nights.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9897805?che...&s=lmxIafeh
Description looks good, price looks good (plus we have an Airbnb certificate to use; we're Airbnb hosts so I'm familiar with Airbnb policies) With everything in CGB I don't think we'd need to rent a car. Says it's managed by James & Janice Callwood.
Anyone know of the place?
Thanks!
Julie
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/11/2017 03:47 PM

It looks nice!
Posted By: IslandGator

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/11/2017 04:27 PM

Hey Julie,
I haven't stayed in those but they look like a good value. I did stay just below them several months ago at the "Lighthouse Villas" owned by Malcia Rymer Bean, and they were great. She's a wonderful host and just a stumble from Quito's. Sorry I don't know more about those particular villas. A few days on land prior to a boat pickup is now my go-to plan. It's amazing what that land-based stop does to enhance my decompression. I'll be on VG next week and then a 4800 the week after for MedSail...
https://www.moorings.com/regattas-and-events/medsail-bvi
Posted By: AgapeCottages

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/11/2017 05:51 PM

I have not been inside but I do know where they are. They are probably less than 1/4 mile from us. The location is great and walkable to the beach and all the restaurants. Next time I go by, I can check out the outside. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Cheers,
Jason H
Agape Cottages, Cane Garden Bay
www.agapecottages.com

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/11/2017 08:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I can almost picture exactly where the building is; photos look good and they get good reviews. Jason, if you're in the area and don't mind putting an eyeball on the place that'd be wonderful!
Boat is booked - just need to figure out how far ahead of time we want to head down ("now" would be good with me as it's snowing again here!)
Julie
Posted By: HillsideView

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/12/2017 12:56 AM

James and his sons run that.Good people.

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/12/2017 03:47 PM

Just booked it - it gets 17 five star reviews and the location seems perfect. :-)

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/13/2017 10:31 PM

I went by and checked out the house today. It's not where I thought but still in a good spot. It is on the hill above Paradise Club. From the main road it was tough to get a good look but I think it will be a great option.

Cheers,
Jason Helmbrecht
Agape Cottages, Cane Garden Bay
www.agapecottages.com

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/14/2017 08:03 PM

thanks Jason - that's exactly where I was hoping it was located! :-)
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/14/2017 11:44 PM

We will be in CGB for 3 nights prior to our charter. When will you be there? We will be down April 9-23.

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/15/2017 09:44 PM

Hi Colleen! We'll be in CGB April 16-19, then on cat Kindred Soul from April 19-27th. Looks like we'll just miss you in CGB; What charter boat will you be on?
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 01/15/2017 10:33 PM

We will be on a Leopard 4600 from Conch Charters. Not sure of the name.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/17/2017 03:04 PM

Be sure to let us know how the Airbnb place is. We always have people asking...
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/17/2017 03:17 PM

We are land based on the east end of Jost, April 19th-26th. Make sure you wave Cottage Girl and Orange Burst when you boat past! Better yet, say hi if you see us at B-Line or Foxy's Taboo.

Where you can find us!

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/17/2017 03:18 PM

Jason, it's great!! Large (2 bedrooms/2 bath), clean, spacious. I'm typing this as I sit on the covered balcony overlooking the bay. Full kitchen and well stocked. Owners provided coffee, juice, bread & bottled water in the fridge for us. Wifi is good. The ONLY downside is it's a hike up this hill - ha ha! It was fine after a few drinks yesterday at Meyetts - wondering how it'll be in the dark after a night at Quito's tomorrow!

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/17/2017 03:35 PM

I just waved at you. Look to your left and you'll be able to see the balcony's at Agape Cottages. Enjoy!

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/17/2017 03:43 PM

Jason, ha ha! Are you the blue & white balconied building?

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/17/2017 07:10 PM

Yes, that's us.

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/18/2017 12:07 AM

Say hello to Brother James and Jason (from brother Bruce)

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/18/2017 12:43 PM

Hillside, Leo Callwood (the youngest brother - and the self-proclaimed best looking brother) has been our taxi driver. He's a doll and has been great!

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/19/2017 01:52 AM

Great family. They will take care of you.
Posted By: maintravel

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/21/2017 02:46 AM

CottageGirl, we're renting there the weekend of 5/12-13, after our charter. Sounds like a great place and the communications with the host have been great and very detailed.

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 04/21/2017 09:29 PM

You will love it!!
Posted By: bvilovercgb

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 05/02/2017 11:50 PM

I loved my stays at Agape, great views! very clean and comfy

Re: Airbnb rental in CGB? - 05/03/2017 01:24 PM

Thank you so much for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed your stays and we'd love to have you come back to visit!

Cheers.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline