TravelTalkOnline

Where to purchase lobster on Anegada?

Posted By: kotuku243

Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/11/2017 10:12 PM

Any thoughts on who to contact for purchasing lobster on Anegada to take with us and grill later in our trip? Thanks!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/11/2017 11:55 PM

No idea. I was going to say wonky dog. But then I expect you would eat it there. Maybe they would help you by pointing you in the right direction,
Posted By: StormJib

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/12/2017 12:42 AM

Frozen you can get at most of the stores on Tortola. If you get caught with a live lobster on your boat? You may risk getting harassed or jailed for poaching lobster. If you do put anything other than store purchased lobster on any boat in the BVI have something to show you purchased the beasts from a legitimate fisherman.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/12/2017 01:21 AM

At this moment in time, no one due to the North swells no fishermen are going out.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/12/2017 02:28 AM

In November I seem to recall Neptune's Treasure advertised live lobster for sale.
Posted By: kotuku243

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/12/2017 02:33 PM

Thanks everyone. I thought I recalled reading in a trip report that Stephanie at S&K Rentals was selling lobster on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Posted By: HoosierDaddy

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/12/2017 08:02 PM

there always seem to be lobsters in the dock lobster cages at Anegada Reef Hotel. I bet if you went to the ARH beech bar they could guide you to a source or two.
Posted By: hallucination

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/12/2017 09:21 PM

check your cooking gear on the boat. An overly large lobster can be difficult with small pans/grill. A hefty pair of scissors are needed depending on your cooking method. And no, don't use the winch handle as a cracker smile
Posted By: snorklerr

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/14/2017 10:06 PM

What are the general $$ for live or frozen lobster
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/14/2017 11:28 PM

I think the current wholesale rate is about 10 per lb. I would expect to pay about that.
G
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/14/2017 11:34 PM

I got two huge live lobsters last month at the Fisheries complex. Price was $10/lb., cash only. We had a lot of lobster bisque!
Posted By: ggffrr11

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/15/2017 02:03 PM

Ok, stop the printing presses. Where is the fishery place at? What are the hours of operation? thx, rrs
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/15/2017 02:37 PM

On the south side of the main road just east of Road Town. Open Mon. - Sat., but closes earlier on Sat. They have fresh and frozen fish, depending on the catch. They take credit cards except for lobster. Great source for conch.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/15/2017 03:22 PM

It's in Baughers bay. Just east of port Purcell.
Posted By: hallucination

Re: Where to purchase lobster on Anegada? - 01/15/2017 05:20 PM

I always stop by the little fishing boats and see what they have. They are always out there. 3-4 times we got a lobster...our pick...for 20 bucks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline