TravelTalkOnline

Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola

Posted By: CottageGirl

Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 02/03/2017 01:56 PM

On our upcoming April charter, we have a couple who need to leave a day early. On that day, I think we'll be coming from JVD heading to Norman or Peter. Need to drop them off on Tortola early enough to catch a taxi to catch the 10:00 am ferry. Thoughts on best place to drop off and by what time? Soper's or Nanny Cay? (we're on a sailing cat)
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 02/03/2017 02:11 PM

I think you meant to say west end of Tortola. Given the route you posted dropping them at West End (aka Sopers hole) is perfect for you. You go right by it on the way to Norman from JVD. They can catch the 10:30 ferry. The dinghy dock is about 50 yards past the ferry dock. Grab any open Mooring and run them in. It will not cost you more then 30 minutes extra enroute to Norman.
Your post suggests you were thinking about dropping them to cab to Roadtown. No need for that. Make sure you don't buy roundtrip tickets.

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 02/03/2017 02:25 PM

Thanks George! Totally forgot about the West End ferry - duh.
Does that ferry leave West End and go directly to Tortola?
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 02/03/2017 02:26 PM

Leaves West End and goes to Charlotte Amelia, St. Thomas.

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 02/03/2017 04:46 PM

Thanks Colleen - that's what I meant. Good lord my brain is foggy this morning!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 02/03/2017 07:35 PM

It's actually the continuation of the 10:00 ferry from Roadtown. Stops in West End.
G
Posted By: rigirly

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 03/02/2017 02:02 AM

Bit of advice - get them there early. We dropped friends off today for the same ferry and the gentleman at the window wouldn't sell them a ticket - Said they had to be there 45 minutes ahead - They waited for the 12:15 and still made their flight but it was close given the cut off times in STT. Also the ferries left WE early today ahead of schedule.

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 03/02/2017 04:43 AM

rigirly - thanks for the tip!!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 03/02/2017 11:52 AM

Know there is also a 10.15 Inter Island that goes to St John and on to Red Hook..very reliable. Get there early..leave bags with the taxi office..very nice breakfast at " Fishtails" just down the dock and then cab on to airport..
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Best charter guest drop off - south end of Tortola - 03/02/2017 12:16 PM

Manpot said:
Know there is also a 10.15 Inter Island that goes to St John and on to Red Hook..very reliable. Get there early..leave bags with the taxi office..very nice breakfast at " Fishtails" just down the dock and then cab on to airport..

I agree with the InterIsland through STJ route. Runs like clockwork.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline