TravelTalkOnline

Air travel question

Posted By: JCnNC

Air travel question - 02/10/2017 12:53 AM

We are chartering in July and I am looking for some feedback about reasonable return flights. We are using Dream Yacht in Maya Cove area and looking at the likelihood of getting some of our group back for an AA flight at 2:35pm on Saturday. We are seeing American's policy of arriving 3 hours prior to departure as well as considering the taxis, ferry, and C&I in St. Thomas. Once we arrive at the marina on our final day, we can send crew off for early flights as soon as we arrive while others tend to the yachts. Is the 2:35 flight doable? Thanks!
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Air travel question - 02/10/2017 01:07 AM

You need to use Roadtown Fast Ferry at 10 AM Gets you to STT around 11. You should be at the airport by 11:45AM Download your boarding pass. There is a deadline (non-negotiable) of 2 hours before the flight. After that 2 hour limit, they CANNOT accept your baggage. So you must be at the airline desk (Not just waiting in line) by 12:35. Sat may be a problem as it can get very busy.
Posted By: JCnNC

Re: Air travel question - 02/10/2017 01:32 AM

Thank you! If the crew is not checking bags, does this change the dynamic? I assumed that by "accepting" bags, you were referring to checked luggage for screening. Is that correct?
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Air travel question - 02/10/2017 01:47 PM

Checked bags correct. If you don't have checked bags, there may be another deadline. Call your carrier and ask.
Posted By: socalnewf

Re: Air travel question - 02/10/2017 07:11 PM

If running late, grab a porter, they can help expedite if needed..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline