TravelTalkOnline

Sporting goods store

Posted By: TIMRIM

Sporting goods store - 02/15/2017 04:22 PM

Does anyone know of a store in road Town that sells fishing gear? Like rods, reels?

Thanks
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Sporting goods store - 02/15/2017 05:53 PM

There was one right by Village Cay, towards the cruise ship dock, I think Administrative Drive. It was in a rounded building. Also another one on Waterfront, near Pebbles Hospital.

Not sure if either one is still open?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Sporting goods store - 02/15/2017 06:25 PM

Marine Depot is the one next to Village Cay and Richardson's Rigging is on Waterfront Drive just west of the ferry dock.
Posted By: TIMRIM

Re: Sporting goods store - 02/15/2017 10:52 PM

Thanks
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Sporting goods store - 02/16/2017 01:37 AM

Richardson has even fixed one of my reels. He has a a very good selection of lures as well. He even carries rigged ballyhoo. He also tuned my rigging, very nice man.
Posted By: wmangum

Re: Sporting goods store - 02/16/2017 02:12 AM

Drake's Traders (an Ace Hardware store) in Fish Bay has a small fishing tackle section. They have complete rigs at fairly reasonable prices.
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Sporting goods store - 02/16/2017 03:42 AM

Funny fish tackle story. Years ago when we were based at East End I needed some steel leader. I went to our local department store (the one selling heavy blankets). They had leader, but no price. The clerk had no clue on price, I didn't care price, I had guest arriving that wanted to fish. I said I will give you $20 for the 2 you have. She refused to take my money as it might be less or it might be more, the discussion lasted too long and I lost....So I left with no steel leader and we adapted by buying pre rigged Ballyhoo from Marina Cay. The pre rigged ballyhoo was a great way to feed the fish and not catch anything.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline