TravelTalkOnline

Stuff to do at/from Leverick Bay

Posted By: CaptRobear

Stuff to do at/from Leverick Bay - 03/07/2017 03:46 AM

On our last two barebt charter trips we did the Baths by boat from a park mooring ball, and then on to VG North Sound to BEYC or Saba Rock in the afternoon for overnight.. But after reading posts on the "Mooring ball or slip at Leverick Bay" thread, for our June '17 trip I am thinking of getting to LB at a slip in the morning early and spending the whole day/night there. I have already been in touch with Nick by email. My question is about logistics of getting to the Baths by car and enjoyment of that vs from the boat, as well as other stuff to see while onshore there. On our prior trips we have been so enamored with the snorkeling and short close shoreside walking visits at various places that we have not ventured out by car or taxi, as we enjoy being just on the boat. Just looking to broaden my horizon and welcome your suggestions.
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Stuff to do at/from Leverick Bay - 03/07/2017 04:08 AM

We've done both a number of times and now primarily visit VG via Leverick bay.

Here's what we've found works great. 2 nights at Leverick - Thu/Fri if we can make it. Fri/Sat works too.

We arrive between 3 and 4. Get settled and have the rental car set for 5pm (this is why Thu/Fri is best). We head out to Coco Maya for dinner for that evening. Friday morning, we then tour the island. Baths, Coppermine point, Spanish Town, Savannah Bay, Hog Heaven..etc. Not everything in one trip, but a bunch of places we have stopped at various times. When we do visit the baths, we do head there early, have breakfast and then head down to the water.

Get back to Leverick mid afternoon, relax a bit and then enjoy the BBQ and Jumbies.

Then the next morning we have a relaxing morning before heading out.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Stuff to do at/from Leverick Bay - 03/07/2017 04:19 AM

From LB by car is great... We had elderly crew this time and stopped by Bathes on boat (Had lunch and did not go to shore). Then LB and viewed from land...Avoid cruise ships at all costs.
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Stuff to do at/from Leverick Bay - 03/07/2017 01:50 PM

When we've had a large group, two boats, we've just hired a driver and safari truck to take us around....Baths, pub crawl, overlooks...
Posted By: JlarsBVI

Re: Stuff to do at/from Leverick Bay - 03/07/2017 04:11 PM

This past January we got a rental safari truck and picked it up at noon. We stopped at all the different look out points, Spanish Town, and The Copper Mine. We then headed to The Baths and got there around 3:30pm. We only saw 10 people the entire time while exploring The Baths. We will always do it like this from now on. It was awesome! We then drove around the other side of the island nd stopped at Hogs Heaven. The views were spectacular. We will plan for more time at this bar next time.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Stuff to do at/from Leverick Bay - 03/07/2017 06:24 PM

We've done the Baths both ways - by boat and by rental car. Swimming in from the boat is overrated as an experience (at least at my age!). When we rented a car, we explored the Baths, snorkeled at Savannah Bay and had a late lunch at Hog Heaven. It was a relaxed day and still allowed plenty of time to hang out on the boat and at Leverick.
Posted By: Felix

Re: Stuff to do at/from Leverick Bay - 03/08/2017 08:03 PM

I love visiting the Baths by car in the afternoon, even staying for sunset there. It's beautiful, and nowhere near as many people! Just be sure to bring a flashlight and bug spray, you'll need both for the walk back smile

Felix
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline