TravelTalkOnline

Nephew looking for a cheap room.

Posted By: rstevens

Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/07/2017 10:56 PM

Booked a charter in June. Invited my nephew who has never sailed. He decided to fly into Beef Island the day before we get the boat. He asked for suggestions for an inexpensive place to stay for the night. I usually sleep on the boat the night before, so I don't know what to recommend.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/07/2017 11:15 PM

It depends on how much time he's really got to enjoy anything -- he could take a taxi over to Cane Garden Bay and get a very inexpensive no-frills room at Rhymers - we stay there all the time and love it. Or he could just stay nearer to Beef at Tamarind. If he wants to be on the beach, I'd opt for Rhymers.
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/07/2017 11:21 PM

Also has to factor in cab fair. You didn't say where you are sailing from, but a cab to CGB from Beef for 1 person isn't cheap.
Posted By: HillsideView

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/07/2017 11:38 PM

$50 one way to CGB.
Posted By: Riverfrontbrewer

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/08/2017 12:25 AM

Mongoose?
Posted By: TepeRacing

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/08/2017 01:19 AM

The fish and lime have nice, but inexpensive rooms
Posted By: Will_L

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/08/2017 01:58 AM

Mongoose is the ticket if planning on on picking him up at Trellis or Marina Cay. Going from EIS to West end..Fish n Lime is one expensive cab ride for someone asking for economy accomodations. He can walk to Mongoose..walk to dinghy dock in am an be picked up!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/08/2017 12:50 PM

Fish N Lime is exactly at the opposite end of the island..for me..I'd follow Bridget, bite the taxi fare , and go to Rhymers for an evening and morning on the beach ( good cheap breakfast at Rhymer's too)..
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/08/2017 12:52 PM

Seriously...if he has the time and doesn't mind coughing up the taxi fare...it's sure a nice first experience on a BVI beach! And Mal is correct, great breakfast!!
Posted By: rstevens

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/08/2017 12:59 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Nephew looking for a cheap room. - 03/08/2017 02:53 PM

Plus..he'll probably be able to share a cab to CGB and cut that cost down..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline