TravelTalkOnline

Suggestions for our 1st night

Posted By: steve74

Suggestions for our 1st night - 04/15/2017 02:22 PM

Happy Easter everyone,

As mentioned in a prior post, we rearranged our flights in June due to a Seaborne schedule change. We have a sleep aboard at Moorings on Tuesday, the 13th, and our flights were originally scheduled to land at 4:00 pm. The schedule changed to 8:15 pm, so we are now flying down on Monday to allow plenty of time to get the boat right and get out early on Wednesday the 14th. In addition to the sleep aboard, we will be out 10 nights.

For Monday night, I called the Mariner Inn and evidently the only rooms that sleep 4 are $400+ for the night. If I am spending that much, I would consider booking the boat for an extra night and heading out Tuesday. The boat is currently available (since it is a Tuesday, I assume it will sit there from Saturday until Tuesday when we board). I wonder if Moorings will work with us on this night if the boat would not book anyway.

The other option is to stay somewhere else like Maria's. We stayed there last year and it was okay. We could hit a good beach the next morning, have lunch, and then provision and have our boat briefing late on Tuesday. This is obviously the less expensive option, but we will have to move our luggage around, which is more of a headache.

Any thoughts about either option would be appreciated. Thank you!

Steve S.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Suggestions for our 1st night - 04/15/2017 03:46 PM

Maria's by the Sea.
How much luggage do you have? take half that!
I assume you must have checked baggage, but I would take a change of clothing / necessities and stay at Maria's, or add on a day
Posted By: NGAWolf

Re: Suggestions for our 1st night - 04/15/2017 05:02 PM

Steve, we ran into something similar for this trip as well. Dream yacht charters charges a full days booking for a sleep aboard. Instead of Maria's, we are getting an AirBNB house in Apple Bay for one night. It overlooks the beach that you can walk to and looks like a great house. I know it will be a pain going from ferry to a house to the boat the next day, but we thought the house was a better option than Maria's for us since we will be there 24 hours before we can check into our charter
Posted By: dkenny

Re: Suggestions for our 1st night - 04/16/2017 11:57 PM

We have an extra night and based upon recommendations on TTOL are staying at Sebastian's. Came in by ferry this afternoon, rented a car and made our way to Sebastian's. Kids enjoyed the afternoon on the beach while we enjoyed happy hour watching them. Currently sitting on lounge chairs on the beach listening to surf with a drink. Kids will be at the beach in the morning before we check-out. Probably head over to Cane Garden for lunch before heading to Riteway to get final provisions and pick-up boat for a sleep aboard tomorrow night.

I've done the sleep aboard the first night many times and we are definitely enjoying the more relaxed first day at Sebastian's.
Posted By: HillsideView

Re: Suggestions for our 1st night - 04/17/2017 12:31 AM

Take the kids to Rhymer's for lunch.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Suggestions for our 1st night - 04/17/2017 01:06 PM

We just checked into our Airbnb in CGB yesterday. It sleeps 6, it's large, 2 bathrooms, it's super clean, great view of the water, full kitchen. You'd need a car or taxi to and from, but we're loving it right now. $145/night for 2.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline