TravelTalkOnline

Intercaribbean Bag charges

Posted By: tpcook

Intercaribbean Bag charges - 04/23/2017 06:26 PM

Next trip is almost there. Flying from FLL for a flight on Southwest to SJU, then taking intercaribbean to EIS
Discovered that intercaribbean charges $75 for an extra bag for a 30 min flight. This seems excessive. Southwest does not charge for 2 bags per person. Probably will not use them again unless my bag count is less. Looking forward to 12 days at the villa. Lots of work to finish. A/C is being installed in every room in the villa. Hopefully this will result in more guests. Lots of smaller repairs to be done.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Intercaribbean Bag charges - 04/24/2017 02:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up - we're using them on 5/25 from SJU to EIS....
Posted By: ligot

Re: Intercaribbean Bag charges - 04/24/2017 03:21 PM

Just wanted to see what you mean by an "extra" bag. We were/are planning on a checked bag along with smaller carryon like a backpack. Do you mean something extra beyond that or that you had a 2nd checked bag?

Thanks for the help, using them in June and want to make sure we pack right.
Dave
Posted By: Dirichlet

Re: Intercaribbean Bag charges - 04/24/2017 05:38 PM

I just flew with them (SJU<->EIS, 4/8, 4/15) without a hiccup. I had a large carry on (which they put in the hold for free when I boarded the plane) as well as a checked bag - no extra fees were charged to me.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Intercaribbean Bag charges - 04/24/2017 10:03 PM

i have 2 50 lb bags, 1 carryon, computer in a bag First 50 lb bag is free second was charged at $75
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Intercaribbean Bag charges - 04/25/2017 12:20 PM

Thanks for clarifying!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline