TravelTalkOnline

A Long, Long Shot Request

Posted By: aarpskier

A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/22/2017 12:09 AM

On June 18 and 19, our crew of 11 was at Scrub Island Marina. Our Lagoon 52 was moored alongside B Dock. In a nearby slip was a Moorings powercat (I think), crewed by a family from Puerto Rico (I think). A young teenage boy in the family shot a lot of drone video of the marina, our boat and our crew. We gave him our e-mail address and $20, and he promised to e-mail us the video files. Unfortunately, we have not received anything, and we did not get any contact information for the young man. I'm hoping that perhaps someone in the family peruses this forum and will see this post and private message me. (Sorry for wasting everyone else's time.)
Posted By: casailor53

Re: A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/22/2017 12:21 AM

Check your spam folder?
Posted By: StormJib

Re: A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/22/2017 02:04 AM

Likely way to big to email. If you do catch back up uploading to YouTube or something like that would work. Big video files are a challenge to move for the data sharing neophyte.

Re: A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/22/2017 03:52 AM

Nothing in spam folder. This young man was no techie neophyte. If the files were too big to send, he could simply upload to dropbox or some other service and send us the link. I suspect he may have lost our e-mail address, hence this long shot request.
Posted By: warren460

Re: A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/22/2017 11:51 AM

Good luck
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/22/2017 09:58 PM

you could try youtube searches, a lot of people these days upload there in addition to their own personal social media, especially drone videos

Re: A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/22/2017 10:24 PM

lauraandrex said:
you could try youtube searches, ...

Good idea. Did that. No joy. I e-mailed a memo today to SIM, with a picture of the powercat and slip. As I am typing this sentence, I just got a reply from SIM with a name and phone number! So here goes ...
Posted By: sonyawooley

Re: A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/23/2017 02:14 PM

We were there on the 19th, too. Fin and Tonic, Lagoon 450. Let us know if you get the video and we are in it. I wonder if they are the same boys that had the drone at Leverick and Hog Heaven later in the week.

Re: A Long, Long Shot Request - 07/23/2017 07:54 PM

I remember Fin & Tonic! Last evening, I called the phone number I got from SIM, and talked to the lady listed as the boat's captain (or at least the one who made the slip reservation). She lives in San Juan, Puerto Rico, which fits. I described the circumstances and what I wanted. She said she did not know anything about any drone, but said the operator might be her nephew and that she would talk to him and give him my phone number. I immediately followed up with a very detailed text message, and multiple ways to contact me. No joy yet.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline