TravelTalkOnline

Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem

Posted By: SailorFitz

Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/29/2017 01:20 PM

I'm asking this here (BVI) to get the BVI sailors input.
In 5 charters we never bothered to stay over in St Thomas after returning the boat in Road Town but this past spring we found it to be grueling and have decided that in 2018 we want to a little less stress on the Sunday ferry and stay a night or 2 in St Thomas.
We deff want a sweet pool, pool bar etc with decent food options nearby as several in the group have dietary restrictions.
Thanks in advance.
THe only one we have seen online to peek our interest is the Wyndham Margaritaville.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/29/2017 01:25 PM

I've not stayed there, but Olga's Fancy looks wonderful to me. Only problem is there appear to be a lot of stairs..

We've stayed at Ronnie's Crystal Palace and enjoyed it. It does NOT have a pool though and there's no bar either.

We've not stayed at Mafolie, but have had drinks there and the view is amazing! There is a bar and restaurant there, but not much to walk to from there though.
Posted By: sandsea

Re: Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/29/2017 01:52 PM

Check out Point Pleasant on the East End. 3 pools on site, Shoreline Grill restaurant right on the water. Walk across the shore to Margaritaville and walk across their beach to get to Coki beach on the other side. Close to Red Hook with lots of restaurant choices!

Lisa
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/29/2017 02:46 PM

We've stayed at the Mafolie and it hits on all your needs
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/29/2017 03:21 PM

Olga's Fancy is the only one I can think of that has most of your wants covered - no bar though. Moments to many Frenchtown restaurants in walking distance.
Mafolie is very good but except for Sibs 1/4 mi uphill nothing else is close if you want more choices.
Island View is another good choice , honor bar, pool, great view, but no other alternative food close by.
Posted By: SeeDiver

Re: Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/29/2017 04:34 PM

Lisa and I like Galleon House. It's at the East end of town on Government Hill. Complimentary breakfast, fresh water pool, and bar. Very close to shopping and restaurants. There are stairs up the hill, so if anyone has limited mobility, be advised.
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/29/2017 05:42 PM

RickinAtlanta said:

Just to clarify, Mafolie has a nice pool/pool bar, great views, and an awesome restaurant onsite with an inside bar as well. Cooked to order breakfast was included when we stayed. Check out their website for details and pictures.
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/29/2017 05:58 PM

We usually stay at Emerald Beach (used to be a Best Western) on Lindbergh Bay, near the STT airport.
Posted By: jmon

Re: Looking for that little unknown pre-flight gem - 08/30/2017 12:05 AM

RickinAtlanta said:

Ditto on Mafolie - Awesome view of Charlotte Amalie & reasonable taxi ride to a/port.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline