TravelTalkOnline

Hodges Creek Marina/Maya Cove Restaurants

Posted By: deliveryskipper

Hodges Creek Marina/Maya Cove Restaurants - 08/30/2017 12:45 AM

Are there any good restaurants in the Hodges Creek area? I have read less than glowing reviews on the Hodges Creek Marina Hotel restaurant and it's service. We won't have a car and don't want to be walking after dark.
Posted By: BreckSailor

Re: Hodges Creek Marina/Maya Cove Restaurants - 08/30/2017 04:29 AM

The restaurant there is mediocre at best - like many BVI restaurants. I spent 3 days there while prepping my boat for a 2 month charter earlier this year. However, Red Rock is a short taxi drive away and is very good - I'd go back there in a heartbeat. Taxis are easy to call and arrange at almost any hour. You don't want to walk from the marina at night as there is virtually no road shoulder.
Posted By: TWB

Re: Hodges Creek Marina/Maya Cove Restaurants - 08/30/2017 01:40 PM

I generally don't recommend a restaurant unless I've eaten there more than once. But, on our most recent trip our last night was a Monday and we were told that Red Rock was closed. So we tried the restaurant at Harbor View. Had a great meal and the cost seemed reasonable.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Hodges Creek Marina/Maya Cove Restaurants - 08/30/2017 04:51 PM

blast from the past, unfortunately not there anymore, but Fat Hog Bobs was very good.
Posted By: Ace

Re: Hodges Creek Marina/Maya Cove Restaurants - 08/30/2017 10:41 PM

Red Rock Restaurant is one of the best on Tortola and they will provide transportation. They are closed Sept 15 - Oct 15 though.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline