TravelTalkOnline

Adopt a Family

Posted By: stevelon

Adopt a Family - 09/14/2017 06:44 PM

I think the general donations are a good thing. Is there any place where you can adopt a family. Being able to focus on helping a friend, stranger family or whatever you want. After seeing the video of Nick prompted me to think about the possibility. Actually having contact (email phone), and being a part of the restoration of a new friend or family longer term, Just a thought. Love to hear the comments.
Posted By: TackingAg

Re: Adopt a Family - 09/14/2017 07:21 PM

https://www.gofundme.com/gumptions-bvi-recovery-fund
Posted By: EnchantedSailor

Re: Adopt a Family - 09/14/2017 08:51 PM

Somehow an adopt a family appeals to me but would need specifics on how to do it.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Adopt a Family - 09/14/2017 09:36 PM

If you own a home in habitable condition, even if it's not perfect, you might offer it to a local family, even for a relatively short period. Of course there are risks, but people are living in their cars. It seems a shame for useable houses to be sitting empty when people are homeless.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Adopt a Family - 09/14/2017 11:42 PM

The USVI and BVI aren't 3rd world where they'd require a drastic adopt like program, all they require are donations of food and materials till the infrastructure is back to normal and they're back on their feet
Posted By: stevelon

Re: Adopt a Family - 09/15/2017 12:40 AM

I look at the relief sites and they show how much money they raised i would like some pics or proof of some benefit to the people involved. i am sure everyone is doing everything they can....I think.
All the best
steve
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline