TravelTalkOnline

Hotels or Guest houses open

Posted By: CayView

Hotels or Guest houses open - 10/03/2017 09:35 PM

I am one of the owners of a villa at Sandy Ground Estates. Have been a registered user for some years but haven't posted before. I am booked to fly down October 10th to Saint Thomas and then on to Sandy Ground Estates. I am wondering if anyone knows of accommodations that are open on Saint Thomas and Tortola in case I get stranded.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Hotels or Guest houses open - 10/03/2017 11:43 PM

Sent you a response..Camp CRC is open to refugees!
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Hotels or Guest houses open - 10/04/2017 11:30 AM

Thanks Manpot! We will be in the same boat in November as we make our way to Sandy Ground Estates.

It appears that if we were to go today, we should be able to make it to Tortola, from St Thomas by the afternoon ferry. If not, we will be looking for a place on St Thomas.

Manpot, just curious, do you have electricity yet?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Hotels or Guest houses open - 10/04/2017 03:07 PM

No power from what I hear at our end of the island..
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Hotels or Guest houses open - 10/04/2017 05:30 PM

We figure it will be a year - maybe more - before we see power. New poles will have to be carried by fifteen guys through the bush up the hill and the holes dug by hand.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Hotels or Guest houses open - 10/04/2017 06:45 PM

Agreed Rat! We are thinking a minimum of a year before we get power back on the East End of Jost.

It is what it is, for us, but for the islanders who live on that end of the island it breaks my heart.
Posted By: bvilovercgb

Re: Hotels or Guest houses open - 10/04/2017 07:21 PM

Have had days of no power, the generator going is a blessing for a couple of days...after that...and now we could multiply that by 100s. It will be noisy.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Hotels or Guest houses open - 10/05/2017 05:31 PM

Windward Passage on STT is renting rooms. They have power and hot water but no AC.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline