TravelTalkOnline

Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8

Posted By: YachtReprise

Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/28/2017 12:37 AM

Hey all. I'll be traveling to Tortola for a short trip from 11/4-11/8 to check on the welfare of some elderly friends, and do volunteer work with the BVI Humane Society.

I wonder whether anyone on-island knows of a reasonably priced hotel that is open (preferably in Road Town or WE). Nanny Cay is sold out for those dates, and I can't get in touch with the Sea View. Any recommendations from someone with first-hand knowledge?

Similarly... a rental car! Can't get in touch with Jerry. Did he survive? Is anyone operating in WE or RT?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/28/2017 12:34 PM

I stayed a Castle Maria in Road Town a few weeks ago. A bit rough but they have AC via a generator at night.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/28/2017 04:59 PM

Down here right now..slim pickings in both those departments thanks to Irma. I saw Denzil and he told me he was still in business though his fleet looks like a scrapheap and his office is gone. I have seen International cars around..may be adjusters and relief workers with them..
Posted By: bvilovercgb

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/28/2017 09:20 PM

saw that Carrie's is open in CGB, however, only generator controlled at at night (?) talked to a friend who said that conditions are still terrible and that tourists will not be ready for the devastation that is still here and the bugs!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/28/2017 11:09 PM

Well FFS the bugs are bad enough at this time of year without the added bonus of post-Irma conditions!
Posted By: HillsideView

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/29/2017 02:53 AM

Govt is blowing smoke up rear ends that BVI is ready for tourists. It's not.
Going to be a lot of charter folks and cruise folks (after Dec 1) that are going to be mighty pissed when they see the actual shoreside facilities (or lack thereof). One would think Govt would be working 24/7 to restore the tourist areas. Nope.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/29/2017 10:37 PM

HillsideView said:
Govt is blowing smoke up rear ends that BVI is ready for tourists. It's not.
Going to be a lot of charter folks and cruise folks (after Dec 1) that are going to be mighty pissed when they see the actual shoreside facilities (or lack thereof). One would think Govt would be working 24/7 to restore the tourist areas. Nope.

So not surprised....but it will come back to bite them when cruise passengers post reviews.....
Posted By: GW248

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/29/2017 10:51 PM

Any word on Deadman?
Posted By: Pineapple

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/30/2017 02:04 AM

I have a one bedroom unit available Nov. 4-8.. Little Apple Bay. Water and electric via Gennie! 284 544 6295 or pineappletortola@gmail.com
Posted By: CGB

Re: Accommodations and Rental Car Nov 4-8 - 10/30/2017 02:51 AM

Perhaps Cheryl has the right idea....
Cheryl... kudos to you

In these times... perhaps we should start a permanent post of places available to stay

Places to eat are one thing... a dry bed... quite another
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline