TravelTalkOnline

Customs Office

Posted By: jpfitzy7

Customs Office - 12/06/2017 04:33 PM

Heading down in April and chartering out of St. Thomas in order to change things up and to explore some of the USVI. Are the customs offices in West End and Jost open or is there an update on when they will be open?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Customs Office - 12/06/2017 05:59 PM

Jost customs is closed.

West End customs is open under a temporary tent but I don't know if they will clear a charter boat. I think they are clearing the JVD ferry but you'll have to check on the charter clearing. Your charter company will know for sure.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Customs Office - 12/06/2017 06:51 PM

Yes, they are clearing boats. What I'm not sure of are the hours they are open.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Customs Office - 12/07/2017 02:29 AM

We cleared into C&I at Great Harbour, JVD on Sunday, Nov 26. Arrived midday and door was locked at the police station. Elderly woman next door came over to us and said they were out to lunch. We walked to Foxy's and found the officer having lunch there. We had drinks and some appetizers while we waited for him to finish. He cleared us in very politely and quickly, and cleared us out a time same time for our 8 day stay.

West End C&I is set up under a white tent at their prior location.
Posted By: Eriesailor

Re: Customs Office - 12/07/2017 07:16 AM

We cleared in at West End on Nov 30th thinking customs at Jost was closed. When we made it to Jost a few days later I saw the customs officer eating at the green bar (not sure of the name) next to Foxy's. I asked him when the customs office on Jost was re-opening and he said it already was open and has been for about a week.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline