TravelTalkOnline

Upcoming Charter - How can we help?

Posted By: sweetsailing64

Upcoming Charter - How can we help? - 01/03/2018 09:05 PM

We have a group of 8 that will be chartering starting Feb 2. We want to help in anyway we can while there. I am looking for your collective wisdom on how to help. Are there things we can bring with us that are still needed in the islands? Can we contribute our time in some way? Are there folks on the board here that can connect us with local needs?

Thanks!
Posted By: Kupe

Re: Upcoming Charter - How can we help? - 01/04/2018 12:22 AM

I've been bringing lots of D-cell batteries to friends in STT...for lanterns and battery powered fans. Not sure what the folks in BVI need...but if anyone else knows please chime in!
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Upcoming Charter - How can we help? - 01/04/2018 04:36 AM

From what I have gathered from the social media sites the Humane Society is always in need of assistance, dog walkers, food etc. They are especially stretched since the hurricanes but everything else I have been reading is basically just "please come and spend $$$" . Instead of packing meat coolers and other items from the states or planning most meals aboard, eat at the restaurants, tip a few bucks more, rent the kayaks, etc etc ...basically go beyond your typical budget as far as you are comfortable and then come back and spread the word!
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Upcoming Charter - How can we help? - 01/04/2018 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by lauraandrex
From what I have gathered from the social media sites the Humane Society is always in need of assistance, dog walkers, food etc. They are especially stretched since the hurricanes but everything else I have been reading is basically just "please come and spend $$$" . Instead of packing meat coolers and other items from the states or planning most meals aboard, eat at the restaurants, tip a few bucks more, rent the kayaks, etc etc ...basically go beyond your typical budget as far as you are comfortable and then come back and spread the word!

That is exactly right, what the BVI needs now is people to come and enjoy themselves, splurge do all the things you want to make your holiday special and unique, eat out, drink, party have a spa day to recover then start again, spend your budget in the islands wherever you may go.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline