TravelTalkOnline

Booked my tickets to start the rebuild

Posted By: tpcook

Booked my tickets to start the rebuild - 01/26/2018 07:32 PM

I just booked tickets to go a visit the villa (first time after IRMA) I will meet with the builder and the architect and go over what we will build. Meanwhile the builder can remove all the debris and save some wood which we can use in interior walls. The work permits for my builder are ready to be picked up. Yea!
I have made a decision to make the villa much larger with 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. One of the largest on Virgin Gorda
Booked with Jet Blue $175 each way from JFK to STT and then take the ferry

Looking forward to having a villa again. Will take about 9 months to rebuild. breakingnews
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Booked my tickets to start the rebuild - 01/26/2018 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by tpcook
I just booked tickets to go a visit the villa (first time after IRMA) I will meet with the builder and the architect and go over what we will build. Meanwhile the builder can remove all the debris and save some wood which we can use in interior walls. The work permits for my builder are ready to be picked up. Yea!
I have made a decision to make the villa much larger with 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. One of the largest on Virgin Gorda
Booked with Jet Blue $175 each way from JFK to STT and then take the ferry

Looking forward to having a villa again. Will take about 9 months to rebuild. breakingnews

Congrats on the progress. Not to be a downer but 9 months is unrealistic. If you are done in 19 months I would be surprised.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Booked my tickets to start the rebuild - 01/26/2018 10:25 PM

If it takes much more than 9 months, all the workers will have a problem as this is a fixed price contract
Posted By: Pineapple

Re: Booked my tickets to start the rebuild - 01/27/2018 03:40 AM

Strongly advise shipping all materials down asap. Materials and workers are a huge problem. Good thing you are bring down workers. And a better thing their permits are READY.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Booked my tickets to start the rebuild - 01/28/2018 06:10 PM

Good luck on the villa rebuild Thorsten - glad to see that you got permits for your workers - are they going to be staying somewhere - heard that bvi won't bring in outside workers and give them permits unless they have a place to stay. cheers Brian
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Booked my tickets to start the rebuild - 01/28/2018 06:56 PM

You'll be the one with a problem. The workers will leave and you'll be stuck with an unfinished villa.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Booked my tickets to start the rebuild - 01/28/2018 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by tradewinds
You'll be the one with a problem. The workers will leave and you'll be stuck with an unfinished villa.

I have spent 8 weeks in the VI adjusting losses since Irma. Sitting at SJU right now for heading down for another week. Again I wish Thorsten good luck but there is no way a 9 month rebuild happens.
Posted By: Christo

Re: Booked my tickets to start the rebuild - 01/28/2018 09:16 PM

Great to hear that tpcook, good news and good luck with the rebuild!

From our very limited experience...'Island Time' seems to have sped up in the last few months. So much getting done in very short periods of time.

Hope you end up with a property you love even more than the original.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline