TravelTalkOnline

Cane Garden Bay

Posted By: sweetsailing64

Cane Garden Bay - 01/28/2018 05:19 PM

Hi all. We arrive in the BVI this coming Friday for a 10 day sail charter. Planning on a night in cane garden bay, if there is no northern swell. I've heard reports that the water quality was not good in CGB. Still true? Is this still a good anchorage? Do we just need to not swim here? Going to shore with dinghy ok? We would still like to make this a stop as we would like to head to Bananakeet for dinner but just need to know what to expect here

Thanks!
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 01/28/2018 06:55 PM

The water at CGB and going ashore by dinghy are both perfectly fine.
Posted By: sweetsailing64

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 01/29/2018 09:43 PM

Cane garden bay

Here is a link to what I have been able to find online as the latest information. It seems by all accounts that the sewage treatment facilities were damaged in the hurricane and this has affected water quality in cane garden bay. But like most internet information, I was hopeful someone in the BVI or closer to this might have more first hand information on the water quality in Cane garden bay

Thanks!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Cane Garden Bay - 01/30/2018 02:32 PM

The water was retested last week and is now safe again for swimming. Still a good anchorage and I've seen many boats using the moorings. We've had swells the last few days but they are laying down now. Come and enjoy!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline