TravelTalkOnline

Tortola car rentals

Posted By: BayCruiser

Tortola car rentals - 02/27/2018 05:08 PM

We will be picking up a cat from CatCo on 3/10, but arrive Tortola on the 8th, so we have a full day to tour, provision, etc.
Can anyone advise the condition of the roads? Are most passable?
Are the rental companies up and running?
Thanks,
BB
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Tortola car rentals - 03/01/2018 03:46 PM

We just rented from Dede's last week. The roads are passable, but there are still some rough spots.
Posted By: jimnjudy

Re: Tortola car rentals - 03/04/2018 02:57 PM

We have rented from Dede's and were happy with one exception. We called them well in advance and as nobody answered we left a message giving time and day of arrival and asking that the car be at the airport for our arrival. Our mistake was in not asking for a confirmation reply..of some sort. You guessed it...we arrived and no Dede and no car. Fortunately for us somebody saw us hanging around the outside of the airport, early evening...took pity on us and contacted one of the brothers.
When we did get to the lot he wanted to give us a huge car and I I said..."four wheels, runs and small"..which is what we got and the only other glitch - in the dark now - was I had accidentally hit the button the locks the windows from going up and down and, of course, the drivers window was down so I could lock the car BUT the window was wide open. We were staying at the Tamarind so lucky for us Cat briefly left her bar duties, came out to the parking lot, phoned Dede's and we found the button and got the window up. After all that Cat had to mix us TWO "painkillers" each to calm us down. The "painkillers" did the job so well we weren't even concerned to discover that the only way we could "lock" our room door was the jam a chair under the door knob when we were in the room.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Tortola car rentals - 03/04/2018 03:21 PM

We rented from him week before last with no problems. Initial contact was through email and found out their land phone lines were out, so we corresponded by email and Deadman's cell phone. The only glitch was we had a small leak in the top of the windshield, but it dripped right into the cup holder. grin
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline