TravelTalkOnline

changing things up

Posted By: bvichree

changing things up - 03/30/2018 05:51 PM

Hi!
We are headed down May 9 for our 7th charter. We were thinking about possibly going clockwise this time.
Roadtown, JVD- 2 days, Anegada 2 days, Oil Nut, North Sound, Necker Gumption Tour, Scrub, Cooper, Norman.

What say ye? Thoughts? I can't remember why we have always gone the more traditional counter clockwise way. I'm sure my captain husband could tell me but I want to hear the pros and cons from Y'all.

Cheers!
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: changing things up - 03/30/2018 07:16 PM

It all depends on the weather conditions. Most of the time, you'll have the wind right on your nose coming out of JVD and it can be an uncomfortable slog. With that said, we've done it many times and lived to talk about it. cheers

Re: changing things up - 03/31/2018 12:24 AM

Thanks, T-winds! An uncomfortable slog beats a day at the office any time :-)
Posted By: jpfitzy7

Re: changing things up - 03/31/2018 02:46 PM

We are also going clockwise at the end of april. Why not!
Posted By: Higgins78

Re: changing things up - 03/31/2018 08:59 PM

Also considering mixing things up. Want to hit Friday/Leverick but don't really want to rush Norman/Cooper at the end of a 7 day ending Sat afternoon at Nanny. Thinking of a zig-zag Nanny->Jost/Norman/Cooper/Marina-Scrub/NS-ONB/Leverick/Nanny since we probably wont hit Anegada. This gives us Sunday at Soggy and Friday at Leverick.
Posted By: Bryan1

Re: changing things up - 03/31/2018 09:08 PM

Easy to see where we had had enough of the 'uncomfortable slog' and changed our plans a bit in our clockwise path. Part of the fun! Looking forward to returning in June, but likely counter clockwise this time.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130001249@N05/27269969028/in/datetaken-public/

Re: changing things up - 04/04/2018 02:07 AM

thanks guys! appreciate the input. Biggest Problem - Right or Left out of Roadtown????
TIme will tell!
Posted By: JlarsBVI

Re: changing things up - 04/04/2018 03:35 AM

We went clockwise for the first time in January. It was fun to mix it up. We decided to do it so we could hit the BBQ at Leverick which we had never done before. It was quite the ride from JVD to Guana Island. We had a lot of newbies on this past trip and they spent hours up in the front and on the net getting splashed every time we hit a swell. They loved getting bounced on the net and getting soaked. They still talk about that being their favorite day of sailing on the trip.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: changing things up - 04/04/2018 12:31 PM

I go clockwise all the time because I like to sail. You do however need to watch the winds and sea state. My sail from CDB to Anegada in a monohull is still talked about today also. Not however in a good light!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline