TravelTalkOnline

Friends of Cane Garden Bay?

Posted By: Charlie2001

Friends of Cane Garden Bay? - 04/24/2018 04:26 PM

I recently came across a GoFundMe for Friends of Cane Garden Bay. The campaign claims that there's a need to renourish the beach, along with remove submerged debris and rocks,etc. It sure makes it sound as though the bay is in pretty bad shape.

Is this situation truly this bad? CGB has a huge place in my heart and I'd love to support efforts to restore it, but this is the first I've heard that there's such significant damage that needs to be addressed.

Can anyone comment on the current state?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Friends of Cane Garden Bay? - 04/24/2018 04:49 PM

CGB itself seems to be in decent shape..the beach is fine and I have not heard, recently, of debris in the water. It would seem to me that the merchants who have made so much $$ over the years should be behind a clean up effort without asking for any further $$. Certainly at the west end where the Callwoods are is a mess..the rest not so much. I am a little put off by some of the folks begging for $$ after running very successful business for decades.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Friends of Cane Garden Bay? - 04/24/2018 05:47 PM

That Gofundme was started by Quito's wife.
Posted By: toast

Re: Friends of Cane Garden Bay? - 04/24/2018 07:53 PM

yep, I saw this news on their webpage and posts.....
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Friends of Cane Garden Bay? - 04/24/2018 07:55 PM

Thank you Manpot for saying this! The same holds true for the restaurant business on YVD who asked for money and received over $100,000 from GoFundMe, even though the USA owner has more than enough money to rebuild himself. Just sayin' smile

Originally Posted by Manpot
It would seem to me that the merchants who have made so much $$ over the years should be behind a clean up effort without asking for any further $$. Certainly at the west end where the Callwoods are is a mess..the rest not so much. I am a little put off by some of the folks begging for $$ after running very successful business for decades.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline