TravelTalkOnline

Captain Bruce

Posted By: BAinslie

Captain Bruce - 05/15/2018 07:34 PM

Going to the BVI in July. If you’ve been recently, what advice can you give about cash verses credit cards. I heard earlier that many businesses were not able to take cards. Has that changed substantially? Thanks...
Posted By: burge

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/15/2018 08:52 PM

Pirates took mine...100 for 6 pain killers...last time for stop...
Soggy Took mine for 3 days in a row... 250.00 for a lot of PKs.
Moorings Takes CC for fuel
Leverick Grocery took CC
Leverick Bar did too...
Riteway took AMEX CC

All last week, and all I remember due to too many PKs
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/15/2018 08:57 PM

Just there two weeks ago. The only place we found that didn't take a CC was C&I at West End. There always has to be a reason for me to be sent back to my boat! Other than that we had no problems with credit cards anywhere.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/15/2018 09:08 PM

[quote=burge]Pirates took mine...100 for 6 pain killers...last time for stop...

Wow, the would have bought you 20 painkillers on the WillyT! Starting to understand why they wanted it gone!
G
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/15/2018 09:12 PM

"Pirates" has been living up to its name for quite a while..
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/16/2018 12:06 PM

No problem with credit cards on VG - cash is always appreciated so people don't need to go to the bank.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/16/2018 12:39 PM

The only place I recall not taking credit cards was on JVD, including Foxy's gift shop.
Posted By: purplelily

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/16/2018 05:15 PM

As a small business owner, I can totally appreciate preferring cash over plastic (that 3% adds up!). I'm sure that's doubly so if you are living on an island with ridiculous banking (non) service! snore

If only we could feel safe enough to travel with wads of bills on our boats with flimsy locks and no way to defend ourselves. My machete and speargun skills don't get enough practice. duel
Posted By: BAinslie

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/19/2018 02:25 PM

Thanks everyone...we’ll have both...looking forward to a fabulous week!
Posted By: sail445

Re: Captain Bruce - 05/19/2018 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by purplelily
As a small business owner, I can totally appreciate preferring cash over plastic (that 3% adds up!). I'm sure that's doubly so if you are living on an island with ridiculous banking (non) service! snore

If only we could feel safe enough to travel with wads of bills on our boats with flimsy locks and no way to defend ourselves. My machete and speargun skills don't get enough practice. duel

You don’t have to worry about bringing loads cash as long as you anchor in a designated “Crime Free Zone”
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline