TravelTalkOnline

this may not be the best place for this post ,but

Posted By: mike

this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/04/2018 10:25 PM

But The only folks i knnow in the islands are all on or visit the BVI's..and so i ask you : considering that virgin is pretty much destryed and not worth looking at ,i am curious about other islands not hit quite so hard with the last few hurricanes.. any of you have any ideas about other places ? i am a bit curious about the turks and caicos .you may e-mail me if it makes you feel better thanks
mike
mikemenh73@yahoo.com

dog:dog:dog;dog
Posted By: sail445

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/04/2018 11:31 PM

The Vi’s aren’t anymore destroyed then any other islands.
What’s your point?
Posted By: 2000Hoo

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/05/2018 01:54 AM

Having just finished up cruising the BVI's for 8 days, I can assure you that there's PLENTY worth looking at! Obviously, there are signs of the hurricane everywhere (some places more than others), but I was actually surprised at how much things had recovered. And, the water's still blue & the beaches are still white. I'd turn around and fly back down tomorrow if I could.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/05/2018 12:28 PM

I went in December 2017 and again this past May. I was amazed at how much improvement I saw within 5 months. As 2000Hoo said, the water is still blue and the beaches are white. I look forward to going again in November. The one thing that stands out to me post hurricanes are the islanders attitudes. So welcoming and appreciative of all of our returns.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/05/2018 12:57 PM

You are correct....definitely NOT the best place to post this doh
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/05/2018 01:04 PM

Just back from 6 weeks on Virgin Gorda and yes there are some houses and some establishments that are in sad shape from the hurricane HOWEVER most of the houses are already fixed up and the villas such as Adagio, Bellamare and Loblolly at Mahoe Bay are ready and occupied by guests and many of the restaurants are back in operation. There are only 2 out of 17 villas at Mahoe that won't be ready by August and many of the Windy Hill and The Baths and Spring Bay villa are at the same level of readiness. So come back to Virgin Gorda and help keep the economy going - you will find discounts if you ask for them and you will find, as usual, friendly people that want to see you.
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/05/2018 08:59 PM

"not worth looking at" are you kidding me???
Posted By: aarpskier

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/06/2018 04:39 AM

Carol: OP's post can't be serious. Not worthy of this forum.
Posted By: warren460

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/06/2018 11:18 AM

This thread should be removed. It’s based on ignorance on the part of the op. It’s misleading etc.
Posted By: jphart

Re: this may not be the best place for this post ,but - 06/06/2018 11:35 AM

No don’t remove!
The replies prove the OP's perception is 180 degrees from the facts.
He hasn’t replied, but he should now know more in order to make decisions regarding travel.
Isn’t that one of the goals of this forum?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline