TravelTalkOnline

Charter companies

Posted By: dwolf

Charter companies - 07/10/2018 08:12 PM

What companies are operating since Irma? Scott and I have been gone for a couple of years since selling our Leopard 45 "Wildcat 2". We would love to return in February for a trip with friends. Any recommendations? Missing the BVI and all our friends there. Hope to put together a great return trip. Can't wait.
Posted By: Brent

Re: Charter companies - 07/10/2018 10:17 PM

Ahoy, The Captains Compass here with 2 Leopard 43s cats with 4 beds and 4 baths, a Leopard 42 cat with 4 beds and 4 baths, and a Beneteau 43 mono with 3 beds and 3 baths. And more next November. None of these yachts saw any salt water on the interiors or engines last summer. Looking forward to sharing the Vintage BVI with you!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Charter companies - 07/10/2018 10:20 PM

TMM is open
Posted By: Bakoguy

Re: Charter companies - 07/10/2018 10:52 PM

Just finished a 12 day charter with Conch. They did a great job, as usual.

Allen
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Charter companies - 07/10/2018 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by dwolf
What companies are operating since Irma?

All of them.
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Charter companies - 07/11/2018 11:37 AM

We have 19 out of 24 boats back in service at CYOA. We will be back to full strength if not a little over full strength by fall.

Jay
Posted By: wizoc

Re: Charter companies - 07/11/2018 01:13 PM

CYOA not only has boats but does a superb job. Great customer service and the convenience of leaving from St. Thomas and not taking ferries.
Posted By: mcevog

Re: Charter companies - 07/11/2018 03:40 PM

TMM is up and running with a lot of new and nearly new boats on the books. Quality is as excellent as ever.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Charter companies - 07/11/2018 06:17 PM

It will be great to see you back down here!
Posted By: b6fischer

Re: Charter companies - 07/12/2018 09:18 PM

I have a 2018 Helia 44 booked thru TMM next summer. Highly recommend them.
Posted By: cheezler

Re: Charter companies - 07/14/2018 10:54 AM

Virgin Islands Yacht Charters in Compass Point Marina, East End of St. Thomas. Fleet of FP catamarans. Fly to St. Thomas on one taxi ride later and you're on your yacht. Avoid the ferry cluster. BVI less than 2 hours from east end
Posted By: EckyEcky

Re: Charter companies - 07/16/2018 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by cheezler
Virgin Islands Yacht Charters in Compass Point Marina, East End of St. Thomas. Fleet of FP catamarans. Fly to St. Thomas on one taxi ride later and you're on your yacht. Avoid the ferry cluster. BVI less than 2 hours from east end

Ditto on above! Just returned from our trip, July 4th-12th, and would highly recommend VIYC out of Compass Point. Jim & Kristi are top notch, book it with them and move on to the next step!!! Walter and all the other people around Compass Point Marina (VIYC or otherwise) ALL just have those attitudes that give you the warm fuzzy, upon arrival and through departure. I'm still a newbie, only my second charter (first was last year-out of Hodges Creek ), but I've done both and can tell you that taking the ferry out of the picture got us on island time a WHOLE lot quicker. Plan on a sleep aboard and dinner at the Dive Bar!! Toying with a trip report, but I tend to get a little long winded...

EckyEcky...
Posted By: ScurvyD

Re: Charter companies - 07/16/2018 02:17 AM

Highly recommend TMM and ORION. Great company and owner.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Charter companies - 07/16/2018 02:38 AM

TMM is awesome. They do an outstanding job taking care of our boats and charter guests.
Posted By: dwolf

Re: Charter companies - 07/17/2018 06:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I booked a Leopard 47 with Conch Charters. Being on a Leopard 47 will feel just like home as it's exactly like our Leopard 45 we sold a couple years ago. Excited to come back for a visit. Really have missed the BVI.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline