TravelTalkOnline

Kenny Chesney

Posted By: Schwendy

Kenny Chesney - 08/13/2018 10:51 PM

Listening to his station on Sirius XM radio the other day, I heard something pretty great. He has a new album out that is getting a lot of play on the station and in between songs during his breaks where he usually comments on the islands, he claims ALL, yes 100% of proceeds from his new album will go to help the islands. Not many celebs do that! When I was talking to some of the locals on Jost recently, I heard nothing but great things about him. I like his music but I'm no super fan. Some may argue he's changed the atmosphere of the BVI and USVI by promoting them too much. The locals I spoke too said he was one of the first to send help. Besides the usual like water, he sent pet food that no one else had. Just think what he's doing is pretty cool even though White Bay is a little more crowded now.
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Kenny Chesney - 08/14/2018 10:19 AM

His foudation along with Bloomberg's foundation have done a ton for the islands since the storm.

Love for Love City

Love for Love City

Bloomberg US VIrgin Islands
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Kenny Chesney - 08/14/2018 05:29 PM

Got some help from his friends as well.
Songs for the Saints features some special musical guests who have ties to the island: Ziggy Marley, Mindy Smith and of course, Chesney’s buddy Jimmy Buffett.
Posted By: bvilovercgb

Re: Kenny Chesney - 08/19/2018 04:30 PM

Just talked to someone who lives on Tortola. Most of the "deep pockets" came through on Virgin Gorda. The community is doing really well, but the aid monies that were raised are sure not going to the "little " people on the island of Tortola. Does he have control of which islands are getting his monies and who in fact distributes it...that is key. There should be a big change in politics in the coming elections...Let them begone is what the people are saying. I hope . There are still many people awaiting roof repairs, schools are still not built , so the gloss over of the island is great as the beach in Cane Garden is like never before, but the palms are gone and the views are very different...Follow the money!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline