TravelTalkOnline

JVD lodging

Posted By: periwinkle

JVD lodging - 08/22/2018 07:06 PM

Does anyone know if there's any lodging on White Bay that would work for someone with mobility issues?? Need some place without a lot of elevation change from the beach level. Tossing around thoughts of May 2019.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: JVD lodging - 08/22/2018 07:51 PM

Connie--I don't have the answer to your question, but it's good to see you here! I'm actually getting ready to have knee replacement surgery myself, so I get where you're coming from! Hope you are able to find some accommodations that will suit for you.
Posted By: Fran

Re: JVD lodging - 08/22/2018 08:55 PM

Hi Connie, it's been ages since we talked last. Good to see you on here again. I'm always lurking on TTOL but don't post much. It's been so long since we've been down I really don't have anything much to add to most of the conversations. Wish we could get down there again but life changes ya know.

Re: JVD lodging - 08/22/2018 10:07 PM

Great to pop back in here and get such a nice welcome!! Sure had good times in days of yore! I'm a newbie at navigating your new website, but looks great. Just not sure we will get to the BVI again, or the Caribbean for that matter. Stuff changes, mainly for us, not because of Irma. We're getting older!! Say hi to Eric for us!
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: JVD lodging - 08/22/2018 10:34 PM

Would love to see you guys again!! Next April is our 25th Anniversary so I'm planning a Med Cruise for either April or May which will be our 1st cruise since the honeymoon.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 12:22 AM

Connie--Hope you are able to get down island soon!! Take care!
Posted By: sailbynight

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 01:39 AM

I don't have an answer to villa mobility but starting with ferry boarding, and continuing onward, the whole trip will be challenging. My experience is that everyone will lend a hand to move someone to and from. Best of luck

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 01:57 AM

thanks, Carol!

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 01:36 PM

Belinda and I went down one year when she had major ankle surgery and was on crutches. Everyone was very helpful/accommodating from the ferry to lodging, to restaurants.
Posted By: Pineapple

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 02:05 PM

What about Soggy Dollar? Almost on the beach just out the door.
Posted By: lstephen

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 02:38 PM

Unfortunately: http://www.soggydollar.com/hotel
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 02:42 PM

I don't think the Sandcastle at Soggy Dollar has opened back up?
Posted By: Pineapple

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 02:45 PM

OOPs. I should have know that.... Hopefully, they will be back.

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pineapple
What about Soggy Dollar? Almost on the beach just out the door.

I thought I read that SD hadn't rebuilt their lodging?
Posted By: ski2play

Re: JVD lodging - 08/23/2018 03:02 PM

Soggy Dollar has not rebuilt their lodging. Pink House is about as level/close to White Bay as you are going to get at the present time. We were on island in late July and toured the property at an open house we were invited to. Beautiful place!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline