TravelTalkOnline

Should I pull the trigger?

Posted By: Woodman

Should I pull the trigger? - 09/22/2018 03:14 PM

I am headed down next June with a boat full of bareboat virgins. We will be flying out of Chicago, and I just saw a Delta fare of $244 to STT.

Should I pull the trigger, or wait and see if it gets better?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/22/2018 03:24 PM

Roundtrip or each way? If that's roundtrip, BOOK IT DANNO!!!!
Posted By: Woodman

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/22/2018 03:27 PM

Sorry, I should have made that clear.

One way, gets in to STT at about 1:15, which should leave plenty of time to catch a ferry to Roadtown.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/22/2018 03:38 PM

According to Tom Garvey who is visiting us here in Sonoma from Chicago that's about average for what he pays for his BVI trips..I'd take it.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/24/2018 12:11 PM

Not sure what your dates are. But a direct CLT to STT in June Saturday to Saturday is $724 RT with American Airlines. Flying out of Charlotte is expensive. Just a comparison for you.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/24/2018 12:38 PM

The norm on Delta round trip from ATL is around 600. I would jump on that fare!
Posted By: TomB

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/24/2018 12:42 PM

From the DC area anytime I can get a flight less than $500 RT it is usually a go.
June is a long way off and the chances... Emphasize "chances" are they you may be able to beat that ticket by 50 or 60 bucks.

The question: Is it worth it to chance or just move a head with one phase of the trip planning behind you.
If you do buy them - don't look back - it is what it - Tickets Done
Posted By: dayhiker

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/24/2018 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
The norm on Delta round trip from ATL is around 600. I would jump on that fare!

Delta out of ATL has been running $1600-ish for my dates in late May 2019. I paid about $600 for roughly the same dates in 2018. I keep waiting on it to come back down to normal levels.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/24/2018 02:00 PM

American is bringing back the nonstop from CLT to STT in Nov. Should help.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Should I pull the trigger? - 09/24/2018 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
American is bringing back the nonstop from CLT to STT in Nov. Should help.

What I quoted above ($724) is a direct flight out of Charlotte. We go down twice a year (May & November). I book my flights about 6 months out or sooner if I can. I have been able to book 1st class tickets out of Charlotte for only about $300 more for the two of us. The upcoming November trip will be our first direct flight post hurricanes. It could be that we usually go Saturday to Saturday and the flights are always full. Maybe that is the most expensive time to fly. But due to work, I have no choice. I am not a fan of American Airlines, but not much choice from Charlotte and we do like the direct to St Thomas. It is just simply not cheap to fly out of Charlotte. I just shake my head, pay the price knowing I will have my feet in the sand within 5 hours.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline