TravelTalkOnline

Moorings at the new Willy T

Posted By: davetitus

Moorings at the new Willy T - 10/04/2018 03:43 PM

We are headed back in just 18 days! Can anyone tell me about the mooring ball situation in Great Harbour, Peter Island near the new Willy T? In particular, how many are there and will it get full at this time of year? Used to be easy to plan our itinerary, but lots of changes!

Thanks to all!
Posted By: mfringsley

Re: Moorings at the new Willy T - 10/04/2018 07:50 PM

We were down in July and made the stop to the new Willy T location. There were at least 30 mooring balls in there (if memory serves me right) and we had no trouble at all. Be careful getting on the new Willie T though...there was no dinghy dock like the old Willie had so getting in and out could prove to be a shin banger! The new boat looks great and the food was really tasty as well....kids loved jumping off the upper deck.
Posted By: davetitus

Re: Moorings at the new Willy T - 10/04/2018 08:58 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: kgiesselman

Re: Moorings at the new Willy T - 10/05/2018 07:18 PM

I am going down about a week after you! How long are you staying?
Posted By: AndyK

Re: Moorings at the new Willy T - 10/05/2018 11:42 PM

I'm not sure where in Great Harbor the new Willy T is moored. My question relates to being able to find a mooring ball where we will not have to listen to the music and the party scene. The Bight was big enough where you could easily get away from it. Not sure how it is in Great Harbor now.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Moorings at the new Willy T - 10/06/2018 12:35 AM

The willy T is in the middle of the mooring field. I don't think you will have an issue. Some balls are far off.
Posted By: JeffDPT

Re: Moorings at the new Willy T - 10/15/2018 02:57 PM

warren460 is correct. We were there last week. Moored upwind, no problem although they weren't open very late. There is anchoring available even further away.
GO!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline