TravelTalkOnline

First timer

Posted By: kgiesselman

First timer - 10/05/2018 03:15 PM

I am going down to Tortola the end of this month to take my first trip on my new Leopard PC 433. I am going again with my wife and family at the end of November. I looked at the BVI calendar and it looks like there are several "events" during the time I am there with my family, Nov. 20-Dec 4. I would welcome thoughts on whether to do any or all of these.

Foxy's Thanksgiving
Full Moon party (seems like everyone has one, I am certainly more mild than wild in my party tastes)
Anegada Lobster Festival
Christmas on DeCastro Street
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: First timer - 10/05/2018 03:43 PM

I would definitely recommend the Full Moon Party at Trellis Bay and the Anegada Lobster Festival.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: First timer - 10/05/2018 04:28 PM

We’ll be down Oct 31, On Island Fun, Leopard 42. Maybe we can meet up
Posted By: kgiesselman

Re: First timer - 10/05/2018 05:30 PM

Would love to. We will be on Whiskey Days. I assume cell phones are not the preferred mode of communications on the water. VHF? I am coming in the afternoon of the 30th and plan to just spend the first night on the boat. I have a captain, which seemed wise, starting the 31st. My goal is to learn the basics of the boat this first week and a bit of BVI basics (tying up to mooring balls, etc). I might go to Anegada towards the end of the week so I could make the first trip there with a captain.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: First timer - 10/05/2018 06:39 PM

Last week’s Trellis full moon party was pretty calm, although we headed home just before sundown.
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: First timer - 10/07/2018 06:10 PM

We took part in Anegada lobster festival last year and it was spectacular.. might have been the post Irma thing but it was like one big happy family . My favourite place ever . Anegada is not to be missed in my opinion . Enjoy your new girl and your first visits to the amazing BVI
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline